Harpenden downed disappointingly at North Mymms
- Credit: Archant
Harpenden have to wait until the final week to confirm their place in the Herts Cricket Premier Division for another season after a three-wicket defeat at North Mymms.
It would take a highly unlikely set of circumstances to see them fall into the relegation play-off seeing as they are 25 points clear of second-bottom West Herts and have Hertford and Luton Town & Indians in the buffer between them.
But they would have liked to make certain at Home Farm by collecting more than just the four bonus bowling points.
Batting first after winning the toss on Saturday, Harpenden were bowled out for 119 in the 39th over with nobody able to go on and make a big score.
James Latham and Scott Galloway top scored, both hitting 25, while Dharmarajsinh Jhala was the chief wicket-taker for the hosts with 5-35.
Rain twice affected the reply but Mymms got home with 12 overs to spare, Neil Dexter the best of the bowlers with 2-18.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 2 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 3 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 4 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 5 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 6 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
- 7 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 8 St Albans hockey player still going strong at 80
- 9 Caretakers of creation: church's work protecting environment
- 10 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt