Harpenden’s Barber cuts London Nigerian down to size
- Credit: Archant
Luke Barber led the way with a personal haul of five as Harpenden beat London Nigerian 78-22 in a 12-try demolition.
Jack Pennell and Nick Childs both added two each while Ed Preston, Fred Gulliford and Matt Wells also crossed.
Ollie Mann added 10 conversions to complete a successful day.
The result was the very least Harpenden needed in their pursuit of HAC and Hampstead, the two teams above them in London North West Two.
Harpenden were on the front foot from the word go with the pack offering to provide an ample supply of ball to the backs.
You may also want to watch:
And the free-running back line made great use of it.
Six tries and four conversions came before the break and although Nigerian managed four of their own throughout the game, they never looked like making a difference.
- 1 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 2 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 3 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 4 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 5 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 6 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 7 Have your say on St Stephen Neighbourhood Plan
- 8 Check in to the Supper Club for something different
- 9 Freedom Day delay is a financial blow to local businesses
- 10 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
The same again in Harpenden’s next match away to Harrow is now vital.