Harpenden’s Barber cuts London Nigerian down to size
- Credit: Archant
Luke Barber led the way with a personal haul of five as Harpenden beat London Nigerian 78-22 in a 12-try demolition.
Jack Pennell and Nick Childs both added two each while Ed Preston, Fred Gulliford and Matt Wells also crossed.
Ollie Mann added 10 conversions to complete a successful day.
The result was the very least Harpenden needed in their pursuit of HAC and Hampstead, the two teams above them in London North West Two.
Harpenden were on the front foot from the word go with the pack offering to provide an ample supply of ball to the backs.
You may also want to watch:
And the free-running back line made great use of it.
Six tries and four conversions came before the break and although Nigerian managed four of their own throughout the game, they never looked like making a difference.
- 1 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 2 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 3 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 4 Shortages crisis hits district
- 5 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 6 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 7 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans
- 8 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
- 9 St Albans school adopts new wellbeing app
- 10 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25
The same again in Harpenden’s next match away to Harrow is now vital.