Harpenden Rugby Club set to unveil new pitch at National Pub Sevens competition
- Credit: Archant
After months of worry Harpenden Rugby Club are ready to give their brand-new playing surface its first outing as they host the ever-popular National Pub Seven-a-side Competition.
The event, now in its 53rd year, takes place on Sunday with the gates open from 8.30am and the matches beginning at 10.30am.
The final is set to finish by 6pm.
An this year’s tournament takes place on their new artificial grass pitch, which has been given the thumbs up after a summer of uncertainty.
The tournament has still attracted a good field with over 30 teams entered including the Navy, the Air Force plus a first visit from the Italian National side.
You may also want to watch:
There is also a women’s competition which provides the hosts the opportunity to show how much this area has grown at the club.
As usual there will be a range of food and drink with the evening closing with music and dancing.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 3 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 4 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 5 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 6 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 7 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 8 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 9 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 10 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
Entry is by programme available at the door (£5) with parking if required.