Harpenden Rugby Club set to unveil new pitch at National Pub Sevens competition
- Credit: Archant
After months of worry Harpenden Rugby Club are ready to give their brand-new playing surface its first outing as they host the ever-popular National Pub Seven-a-side Competition.
The event, now in its 53rd year, takes place on Sunday with the gates open from 8.30am and the matches beginning at 10.30am.
The final is set to finish by 6pm.
An this year’s tournament takes place on their new artificial grass pitch, which has been given the thumbs up after a summer of uncertainty.
The tournament has still attracted a good field with over 30 teams entered including the Navy, the Air Force plus a first visit from the Italian National side.
There is also a women’s competition which provides the hosts the opportunity to show how much this area has grown at the club.
As usual there will be a range of food and drink with the evening closing with music and dancing.
- 1 Sainsbury's comes to St Albans station
- 2 Bowmans Cross development shelved as Hertsmere pulls Local Plan
- 3 Wholefoods shop relocates to offer wider range of produce
- 4 Police hunt wanted man with connections to St Albans
- 5 So why WAS police helicopter flying over St Albans last week?
- 6 Frustration and anger over St Albans school's change to hairstyle and uniform policy
- 7 Comment: Is Aldenham really posher than St Albans and Harpenden?
- 8 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 9 Who was the witch of St Albans?
- 10 Music line-up confirmed for Pub in the Park 2022 St Albans festival
Entry is by programme available at the door (£5) with parking if required.