Harpenden Rugby Club set to unveil new pitch at National Pub Sevens competition
- Credit: Archant
After months of worry Harpenden Rugby Club are ready to give their brand-new playing surface its first outing as they host the ever-popular National Pub Seven-a-side Competition.
The event, now in its 53rd year, takes place on Sunday with the gates open from 8.30am and the matches beginning at 10.30am.
The final is set to finish by 6pm.
An this year’s tournament takes place on their new artificial grass pitch, which has been given the thumbs up after a summer of uncertainty.
The tournament has still attracted a good field with over 30 teams entered including the Navy, the Air Force plus a first visit from the Italian National side.
You may also want to watch:
There is also a women’s competition which provides the hosts the opportunity to show how much this area has grown at the club.
As usual there will be a range of food and drink with the evening closing with music and dancing.
- 1 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 2 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 3 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 4 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 5 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 6 Have your say on St Stephen Neighbourhood Plan
- 7 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 8 Check in to the Supper Club for something different
- 9 Save Symondshyde still waiting for inspector's report
- 10 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
Entry is by programme available at the door (£5) with parking if required.