Harpenden Rugby Club set for new artificial pitch
- Credit: Archant
Harpenden Rugby Club are set to install an artificial grass pitch after being chosen by the Rugby Football Union in a nationwide program.
The Rugby 365 initiative will see 100 pitches installed across England.
In a statement released through the club’s website, chairman Darren Francey revealed why the club were chosen.
He said: “The RFU were complimentary about our commitment to developing rugby across all ages and genders; our willingness to embrace many RFU initiatives and the overall community feel of the club.”
As part of the work, the club are also hoping to make structural improvements to the clubhouse and grounds.
You may also want to watch:
Planning permission is still required and the club will hold a general meeting in early January where the plans will be presented in more detail, but they hope to have everything up and running by the start of next season.
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 4 Harpenden High Street Covid road closures to end imminently
- 5 David Amess: St Albans MP Daisy Cooper reacts to tragedy
- 6 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 7 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 8 St Albans man's charity walk in memory of dad who died following heart attack
- 9 Black History Month: 'I am connected to the world by a multitude of threads'
- 10 Revealed: The most popular places in Hertfordshire to move to