Harpenden Rugby Club set for new artificial pitch
- Credit: Archant
Harpenden Rugby Club are set to install an artificial grass pitch after being chosen by the Rugby Football Union in a nationwide program.
The Rugby 365 initiative will see 100 pitches installed across England.
In a statement released through the club’s website, chairman Darren Francey revealed why the club were chosen.
He said: “The RFU were complimentary about our commitment to developing rugby across all ages and genders; our willingness to embrace many RFU initiatives and the overall community feel of the club.”
As part of the work, the club are also hoping to make structural improvements to the clubhouse and grounds.
You may also want to watch:
Planning permission is still required and the club will hold a general meeting in early January where the plans will be presented in more detail, but they hope to have everything up and running by the start of next season.
- 1 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 2 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 3 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 4 Green light given to new hospital project
- 5 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 6 Sustainability is key driver at golf club redevelopment
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 9 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 10 Lost Morecambe & Wise episode to be screened on TV for first time in 50 years