Harpenden Rugby Club hold a virtual end of season award ceremony
- Credit: Archant
The usual end of season festivities may have been cancelled but that hasn’t stopped Harpenden Rugby Club from announcing their player of the year awards.
The Redbourn Lane-based club used the video conferencing app Zoom to get players together, with over 70 logging on to the event.
It helped them recognise the efforts across all four teams in what was an historic and record breaking season for the club.
It was also an opportunity to thank the volunteers who give up their time so freely to keep the club running.
All the player of the year awards were voted for by the players in their respective teams and the clubman of the year was chosen by all senior members.
You may also want to watch:
Jimmy Speirs took the first team’s prize while it was Dan Tominey who was the winner in the seconds.
The third team award was shared between Brian Muscat and Nigel Stanley while Simon Darby lifted the crown in the fourths.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 5 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 6 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 7 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 8 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 9 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 10 Carillon Chamber Choir's farewell concert in St Albans
Steve Johnson’s efforts earned him the prestigious clubman of the year award.