Harpenden RFC get perfect start in eight try victory over HAC
- Credit: Archant
Eight tries helped Harpenden RFC start their London Two North West season in fine style with a 50-14 win over HAC.
Harpenden narrowly won both encounters last season.
However, two tries from new skipper, Michael Goode, and one each from Sean McLoughlin, Adam Kelsall, Ryan Gue, Ashley Smith, Max Baggio and Tristian Francis helped the Redbourn Lane club to a comfortable win this time around.
McLoughlin got the first try after 10 minutes, taking a pass from scrum half John Collins.
The second followed five minutes later, Kelsall finishing off a fine move. Goode got the third before back row Gue secured the bonus point with a fourth try.
You may also want to watch:
Centre Tom Sweeney added three conversions to give the hosts a 26-0 lead at half-time.
Goode, who continued his fine form of last year, added his second shortly after the interval.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 6 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 7 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 8 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 9 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 10 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
HAC responded with a score of their own but Harpenden ended with a flourish, Smith, man-of-the-match Baggio and then Francis adding the gloss.