Harpenden RFC get perfect start in eight try victory over HAC
- Credit: Archant
Eight tries helped Harpenden RFC start their London Two North West season in fine style with a 50-14 win over HAC.
Harpenden narrowly won both encounters last season.
However, two tries from new skipper, Michael Goode, and one each from Sean McLoughlin, Adam Kelsall, Ryan Gue, Ashley Smith, Max Baggio and Tristian Francis helped the Redbourn Lane club to a comfortable win this time around.
McLoughlin got the first try after 10 minutes, taking a pass from scrum half John Collins.
The second followed five minutes later, Kelsall finishing off a fine move. Goode got the third before back row Gue secured the bonus point with a fourth try.
Centre Tom Sweeney added three conversions to give the hosts a 26-0 lead at half-time.
Goode, who continued his fine form of last year, added his second shortly after the interval.
- 1 Man stabbed in St Albans
- 2 Major architectural firm moves into St Albans
- 3 Aldi prioritises St Albans for new store
- 4 Area Guide: The historic St Michael's village area of St Albans
- 5 St Albans woman defies odds to become oldest with Rett Syndrome
- 6 WATCH: Delivery driver caught fly-tipping in rural area
- 7 Sentence increase for St Albans theatre stalwart jailed for paedophilia
- 8 St Albans paedophile jailed for trying to arrange online abuse
- 9 St Albans is one of UK's worst locations for hay fever
- 10 Daughter taking the plunge in mum's memory
HAC responded with a score of their own but Harpenden ended with a flourish, Smith, man-of-the-match Baggio and then Francis adding the gloss.