Harpenden RFC get perfect start in eight try victory over HAC
- Credit: Archant
Eight tries helped Harpenden RFC start their London Two North West season in fine style with a 50-14 win over HAC.
Harpenden narrowly won both encounters last season.
However, two tries from new skipper, Michael Goode, and one each from Sean McLoughlin, Adam Kelsall, Ryan Gue, Ashley Smith, Max Baggio and Tristian Francis helped the Redbourn Lane club to a comfortable win this time around.
McLoughlin got the first try after 10 minutes, taking a pass from scrum half John Collins.
The second followed five minutes later, Kelsall finishing off a fine move. Goode got the third before back row Gue secured the bonus point with a fourth try.
Centre Tom Sweeney added three conversions to give the hosts a 26-0 lead at half-time.
Goode, who continued his fine form of last year, added his second shortly after the interval.
- 1 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 2 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 3 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 4 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 5 Green light given for St Albans City to hit the transfer market but patience is key says Allinson
- 6 'Visually striking' Chaos Dancing Cosmos installation at St Albans Museum + Gallery
- 7 Obituary: Don Francis, former St Albans City and St Albans Sunday League star
- 8 Allinson happy with the reaction from St Albans City in the draw at Chelmsford
- 9 Saints respond to Cheshunt shocker with hard-fought draw at Chelmsford
- 10 The latest court results for the St Albans area
HAC responded with a score of their own but Harpenden ended with a flourish, Smith, man-of-the-match Baggio and then Francis adding the gloss.