Harpenden RFC get perfect start in eight try victory over HAC
- Credit: Archant
Eight tries helped Harpenden RFC start their London Two North West season in fine style with a 50-14 win over HAC.
Harpenden narrowly won both encounters last season.
However, two tries from new skipper, Michael Goode, and one each from Sean McLoughlin, Adam Kelsall, Ryan Gue, Ashley Smith, Max Baggio and Tristian Francis helped the Redbourn Lane club to a comfortable win this time around.
McLoughlin got the first try after 10 minutes, taking a pass from scrum half John Collins.
The second followed five minutes later, Kelsall finishing off a fine move. Goode got the third before back row Gue secured the bonus point with a fourth try.
You may also want to watch:
Centre Tom Sweeney added three conversions to give the hosts a 26-0 lead at half-time.
Goode, who continued his fine form of last year, added his second shortly after the interval.
- 1 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 2 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 3 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 4 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 5 St Albans mum wins award for contribution to SEN
- 6 Church unveils new eco-garden to support wildlife in St Albans
- 7 Mission success for Three Peaks Challenge team
- 8 Remembering Morris Minor Owners Club treasurer and St Albans stalwart
- 9 St Albans City get the FA Cup train moving with replay success over Concord
- 10 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
HAC responded with a score of their own but Harpenden ended with a flourish, Smith, man-of-the-match Baggio and then Francis adding the gloss.