Harpenden remain top
London Three North West Harpenden 26 Grasshoppers 0 HARPENDEN remain top of the table after running in four unanswered tries against Grasshoppers. The home side were 7-0 up within minutes when they moved the ball wide and took advantage of Grasshoppers i
London Three North West
Harpenden 26 Grasshoppers 0
HARPENDEN remain top of the table after running in four unanswered tries against Grasshoppers.
The home side were 7-0 up within minutes when they moved the ball wide and took advantage of Grasshoppers' inexperienced backline with Patterson scoring under the posts.
The Harpenden backline were at it again, with Musket touching down under the posts and with the conversion easily dispatched, they looked well set to push on.
Grasshoppers dug in though and starved their hosts of the ball. The visiting pack were proving a match for Harpenden but the home side held firm and Grasshoppers were unable to breach their defence.
- 1 Teenager ‘robbed at knife-point' by two males in Hemel Hempstead
- 2 Clarence Park deckchairs banned following council concerns
- 3 Recap: Two crashes disrupting M1 and M25 drivers near St Albans
- 4 Church welcomes gay community event as part of St Albans Pub Pride
- 5 Katherine Ryan and Romesh Ranganathan spotted filming in St Albans
- 6 Man in his 20s stabbed in shopping area in Hemel Hempstead
- 7 Goods worth more than £260 in total stolen from St Albans Co-op store
- 8 Campaign to keep Chiswell 'green' gains momentum
- 9 Hertfordshire grandad who died in A6 Bugatti crash had a 'generous spirit'
- 10 Pantomime dame from Radlett appears on ITV’s Britain’s Got Talent
Just as Grasshoppers looked like getting back in the game Harpenden intercepted the ball and raced away to score, with Joe Tennant crossing the line.
Grasshoppers spent most of the second half camped in the Harpenden 22 but were unable to find a way through the home side's resilient defence. Harpenden stole the ball and broke away to add a final try to maintain their position at the top of the London Three North West table.
Harpenden's next game is away to London New Zealand on Saturday.
Harpenden: Collins, D. Tennant, M. Peck, W.Peck, Harmer, Hoare, Reed, Cornthwaite, Healey, J. Tennant, A. Barton, J. Barton, Musket, Patterson, Kearns. Subs: Green, Wilkinson, Homan.