Harpenden record vital win at Stevenage
East Men s League Division Three South West Stevenage 1 Harpenden II 2 HARPENDEN Seconds won at Stevenage on Saturday to continue their push for promotion.
East Men's League Division Three South West
Stevenage 1 Harpenden II 2
HARPENDEN Seconds won at Stevenage on Saturday to continue their push for promotion.
With skipper Pete Kneale absent, Fraser Tant took the armband. Harpenden took the lead when a broken down short corner was fired back into the danger area by Nigel Timms for his brother Russell to score at the back post.
You may also want to watch:
The Whites missed chances before a breakaway move from Stevenage saw them draw level.
Harpenden were resolute in defence, with Ali Holland, Paul Nash, Graham Smith and Sam Martyn impressing and debutant Neil Lunn in lively form.
- 1 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 2 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 3 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 4 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 5 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 6 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 7 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 8 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 9 Freedom Day delay is a financial blow to local businesses
- 10 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
Goalkeeper Ben Brind produced one outstanding save before Harpenden finally secured the points. A defence-splitting Martyn pass from his own 25 found Tant, and he found Nigel Timms to fire home for the 2-1 win.
Pete Kneale will return next week knowing that victory against old rivals Rickmansworth will see his side promoted to Division Two.
In the East Men's League Premier A, Harpenden Firsts went down 2-0 to Wapping at Brache on Saturday.
Harpenden Ladies drew 1-1 at home with Gillingham Anchorians in the East League Division Two South West.