Harpenden record local derby victory
London One North Welwyn 16 Harpenden 18 HARPENDEN ran in three tries despite the poor conditions to take the bragging rights and a welcome three points from their clash with Welwyn. Harpenden were dominant in patches and could quite easily have run in fiv
London One North
Welwyn 16 Harpenden 18
HARPENDEN ran in three tries despite the poor conditions to take the bragging rights and a welcome three points from their clash with Welwyn.
Harpenden were dominant in patches and could quite easily have run in five or six tries. Unfortunately The Men In Black were let down by a forward pass, a dropped ball or a referee's decision right at the last.
You may also want to watch:
Lapses in concentration throughout the game looked like they could prove costly and allowed basement side Welwyn to get back into the game and ensure a tense final few minutes.
Harpenden's tries came courtesy of Haddock, Michael Singleton and Charlie Pattison.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 3 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 4 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 5 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 6 Historic England asks: 'What do you love about your local high street?'
- 7 Honey to the bee - hiving off new flavours for local gin
- 8 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 9 Mission success for Three Peaks Challenge team
- 10 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
It wasn't the prettiest of wins but following a poor run of results, Harpenden were very pleased with the win.
The Men In Black have a tough challenge this weekend when they welcome fourth place Ruislip to Redbourn Lane (KO 2.15pm).
Harpenden: Blake, D Tennant, Gifkins, Green, Peck, Singleton, Read, Hoare, MacDonald, J Tennant, Pattison, J Barton, Gabriel, Haddock, A Barton. Reps: Peters, Graham, Healey.