Harpenden record local derby victory
London One North Welwyn 16 Harpenden 18 HARPENDEN ran in three tries despite the poor conditions to take the bragging rights and a welcome three points from their clash with Welwyn. Harpenden were dominant in patches and could quite easily have run in fiv
London One North
Welwyn 16 Harpenden 18
HARPENDEN ran in three tries despite the poor conditions to take the bragging rights and a welcome three points from their clash with Welwyn.
Harpenden were dominant in patches and could quite easily have run in five or six tries. Unfortunately The Men In Black were let down by a forward pass, a dropped ball or a referee's decision right at the last.
Lapses in concentration throughout the game looked like they could prove costly and allowed basement side Welwyn to get back into the game and ensure a tense final few minutes.
Harpenden's tries came courtesy of Haddock, Michael Singleton and Charlie Pattison.
- 1 So why WAS police helicopter flying over St Albans last week?
- 2 Who was the witch of St Albans?
- 3 Frustration and anger over St Albans school's change to hairstyle and uniform policy
- 4 Staying silent: the tight-lipped MP who refuses to answer controversial questions
- 5 Wholefoods shop relocates to offer wider range of produce
- 6 St Albans named best in the UK for recycling
- 7 Landowners advised to step up security following spike in fly-tipping across Hertfordshire
- 8 More harsh truths in the St Albans City dressing room as mistakes cost them at Chippenham
- 9 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 10 Controversial plans to build quarry in Hatfield scrapped
It wasn't the prettiest of wins but following a poor run of results, Harpenden were very pleased with the win.
The Men In Black have a tough challenge this weekend when they welcome fourth place Ruislip to Redbourn Lane (KO 2.15pm).
Harpenden: Blake, D Tennant, Gifkins, Green, Peck, Singleton, Read, Hoare, MacDonald, J Tennant, Pattison, J Barton, Gabriel, Haddock, A Barton. Reps: Peters, Graham, Healey.