Harpenden record local derby victory
London One North Welwyn 16 Harpenden 18 HARPENDEN ran in three tries despite the poor conditions to take the bragging rights and a welcome three points from their clash with Welwyn. Harpenden were dominant in patches and could quite easily have run in fiv
London One North
Welwyn 16 Harpenden 18
HARPENDEN ran in three tries despite the poor conditions to take the bragging rights and a welcome three points from their clash with Welwyn.
Harpenden were dominant in patches and could quite easily have run in five or six tries. Unfortunately The Men In Black were let down by a forward pass, a dropped ball or a referee's decision right at the last.
You may also want to watch:
Lapses in concentration throughout the game looked like they could prove costly and allowed basement side Welwyn to get back into the game and ensure a tense final few minutes.
Harpenden's tries came courtesy of Haddock, Michael Singleton and Charlie Pattison.
- 1 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 2 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 3 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 4 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 5 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 6 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
- 7 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 8 St Albans woman recognised with Queen's Award
- 9 Football club donates pitch to St Albans primary school
- 10 Take a trip to the seaside for fun adaptation of The Comedy of Errors at the Roman Theatre festival
It wasn't the prettiest of wins but following a poor run of results, Harpenden were very pleased with the win.
The Men In Black have a tough challenge this weekend when they welcome fourth place Ruislip to Redbourn Lane (KO 2.15pm).
Harpenden: Blake, D Tennant, Gifkins, Green, Peck, Singleton, Read, Hoare, MacDonald, J Tennant, Pattison, J Barton, Gabriel, Haddock, A Barton. Reps: Peters, Graham, Healey.