Harpenden prove fitness pays with victory over Hemel Hempstead in 13-try thriller
- Credit: Archant
Superior fitness proved telling as Harpenden found an extra gear late on to defeat Hemel Hempstead 54-31 in an exhillirating London North West Two derby.
There was little to choose between the sides in the first period as they traded scores.
But by the end Harps had scored eight tries in a 13-try thriller, Ollie Mann kicking six conversions.
Adam Wilkinson led the way in the scoring charts with a hat-trick, while Luke Barber notched two and there was one each for Michael Goode amd George Attfield.
A penalty try, which brings its own conversion these days, completed the scoring.
You may also want to watch:
Referee Tony Leake had no difficulty in supervising two teams who played disciplined rugby throughout, and it was a joy for both sets of supporters to see a fast-flowing game.
Harpenden, who are second in the table, will look to continue their perfect record when they travel to league leaders HAC on Saturday.
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 4 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 5 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 8 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 9 Invincible London Colney youngsters complete incredible first season
- 10 St Albans Striders enjoy comfort of their home roads if not the heat and hills