Harpenden ‘quietly confident’ of making a splash in the higher league
- Credit: Archant
They face a step up in leagues and quality but Harpenden are still setting out to make a statement in the new season.
The Redbourn Lane-based rugby club won promotion to London North One last year via a play-off and skipper Oli Lacey wants to keep that momentum going.
"There's a really positive mood about the club," he said. "Although we know the higher league will be a challenge, we're not at all worried.
"Teams that have been promoted from London Two North West in recent years have generally established themselves and we're quietly confident that we can do the same."
Their campaign kicks off at home to Old Priorians on Saturday with a number of new and familiar faces available.
You may also want to watch:
There is the return of Jimmy Speirs and Harry Hutchins from serious knee injuries while Kiwi Bobby Tane is back after a season in Spain.
Matthew Dean comes in from OAs and although George Rolfe has left for Championship outfit Ampthill, Harpenden have recruited powerful openside flanker Matt Jillians.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 6 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 7 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 8 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 9 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 10 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly