Harpenden on Cricket AM
Young cricketers on form in bowl out
HARPENDEN Cricket Club was the club of the week on Sky Sports’ Cricket AM on Saturday morning.
A large contingent from the club made the early morning trip to the studios in Osterley for the hour and a half show presented by Sarah-Jane Mee and Matt Floyd.
Harpenden IV bowler Jason Guest made sure the club will always be a part of the show with a framed poem that he’d written about the show which he read out on television and presented to Sarah-Jane.
After much cheering and clapping in the Douglas Jardine pavilion it was off outside with guests Rob Key, the England and Kent batsman, and West Indies and Yorkshire bowler Tino Best to take part in the traditional end of show bowl out. Some late hits from the younger members of the club ensured Harpenden finished with a respectable eight to bring the show to a close.
Afterwards there was an opportunity for all who travelled to have photos taken with the hosts and guests and also get shots on the set.
- 1 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 2 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 3 Seven men arrested on suspicion of St Albans burglary
- 4 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's West Common
- 5 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 6 London Colney children will be going nuts for this new Scouts group
- 7 Video shows thief stealing parcel from St Albans home doorstep
- 8 Primary school rated 'Good' in latest Ofsted report
- 9 St Albans Local Plan delayed to autumn 2025
- 10 St Albans recycling heroes raise £28K for hospice