Harpenden on Cricket AM
Young cricketers on form in bowl out
HARPENDEN Cricket Club was the club of the week on Sky Sports’ Cricket AM on Saturday morning.
A large contingent from the club made the early morning trip to the studios in Osterley for the hour and a half show presented by Sarah-Jane Mee and Matt Floyd.
Harpenden IV bowler Jason Guest made sure the club will always be a part of the show with a framed poem that he’d written about the show which he read out on television and presented to Sarah-Jane.
After much cheering and clapping in the Douglas Jardine pavilion it was off outside with guests Rob Key, the England and Kent batsman, and West Indies and Yorkshire bowler Tino Best to take part in the traditional end of show bowl out. Some late hits from the younger members of the club ensured Harpenden finished with a respectable eight to bring the show to a close.
You may also want to watch:
Afterwards there was an opportunity for all who travelled to have photos taken with the hosts and guests and also get shots on the set.
- 1 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 4 School buzzing about new Forest School and Hive building
- 5 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common
- 6 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 7 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 8 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 9 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 10 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site