Harpenden on Cricket AM
Young cricketers on form in bowl out
HARPENDEN Cricket Club was the club of the week on Sky Sports’ Cricket AM on Saturday morning.
A large contingent from the club made the early morning trip to the studios in Osterley for the hour and a half show presented by Sarah-Jane Mee and Matt Floyd.
Harpenden IV bowler Jason Guest made sure the club will always be a part of the show with a framed poem that he’d written about the show which he read out on television and presented to Sarah-Jane.
After much cheering and clapping in the Douglas Jardine pavilion it was off outside with guests Rob Key, the England and Kent batsman, and West Indies and Yorkshire bowler Tino Best to take part in the traditional end of show bowl out. Some late hits from the younger members of the club ensured Harpenden finished with a respectable eight to bring the show to a close.
You may also want to watch:
Afterwards there was an opportunity for all who travelled to have photos taken with the hosts and guests and also get shots on the set.
- 1 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 2 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 3 Appeal for witnesses after fatal road accident
- 4 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 5 St Albans street remembers sacrifices of WWI heroes
- 6 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 7 Market trader pledges to shave beard for new St Albans recovery home
- 8 No cars mean children can play out in streets
- 9 Remembering Morris Minor Owners Club treasurer and St Albans stalwart
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images