Harpenden off the top after dramatic end to Belsize Park clash
- Credit: Archant
A try deep into stoppage time consigned Harpenden to a 23-20 loss to Belsize Park – and with it leadership of London North West Two.
It was their second defeat in three games but that didn’t look the case on 78 minutes as skipper Oli Lacey was driven over the line for a 20-16 lead.
They then only had to hold on to the ball from the restart to see out the game but gave away possession and, after a seemingly endless series of penalties, Park sealed the result at the death through Jack Newman.
Lacey said: “Belsize Park are a good side and deserved to win. We always knew this would be a very close game but unfortunately discipline was a problem for us as we gave away far too many penalties.
“We’ve now got two weeks to regroup before we travel to London Nigerian for what will be another key game.”
Luke Barber Jimmy Speirs got the other tries with Ollie Mann landing a penalty and conversion.
- 1 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 2 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 3 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 4 Obituary: Don Francis, former St Albans City and St Albans Sunday League star
- 5 'Visually striking' Chaos Dancing Cosmos installation at St Albans Museum + Gallery
- 6 Saints respond to Cheshunt shocker with hard-fought draw at Chelmsford
- 7 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 8 Green light given for St Albans City to hit the transfer market but patience is key says Allinson
- 9 London Colney children will be going nuts for this new Scouts group
- 10 St Albans recycling heroes raise £28K for hospice