Harpenden off the mark in Premier Division with Luton Town win
- Credit: Archant
Harpenden Cricket Club are off the mark in the SHCL Premier Division season with a seven-wicket win over Luton Town & Indians.
Luton won the toss and elected to bat on their home pitch but thanks to some solid bowling from Harps, they were restricted to 148-9 in their 50 overs.
Ben Clements and Richard Darwin nabbed three wickets apiece while Ben Frazer scored two.
Nick Lamb also starred, taking 1-25 from his 10 overs.
Frazer then returned to haunt Luton with the bat, hitting 76 in just 48 balls.
You may also want to watch:
It helped Harpenden reach 149-3 in the 33rd over.
Radlett also got back to winning ways with a 41-run win over Potters Bar.
- 1 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 2 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 3 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 4 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 5 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 6 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 7 Take a trip to the seaside for fun adaptation of The Comedy of Errors at the Roman Theatre festival
- 8 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 9 Harpenden constituency to go under proposed boundary changes
- 10 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
They had been in a spot of trouble at 97-7 but 53 from Kabir Toor and an impressive 42* from Abdulrahim Mulla got them to 170 all out.
And a tail-end collapse saw Bar go from 124-5 to 129 all out.
Darren James finished with figures of 3-35.