Harpenden off the mark in Premier Division with Luton Town win
- Credit: Archant
Harpenden Cricket Club are off the mark in the SHCL Premier Division season with a seven-wicket win over Luton Town & Indians.
Luton won the toss and elected to bat on their home pitch but thanks to some solid bowling from Harps, they were restricted to 148-9 in their 50 overs.
Ben Clements and Richard Darwin nabbed three wickets apiece while Ben Frazer scored two.
Nick Lamb also starred, taking 1-25 from his 10 overs.
Frazer then returned to haunt Luton with the bat, hitting 76 in just 48 balls.
You may also want to watch:
It helped Harpenden reach 149-3 in the 33rd over.
Radlett also got back to winning ways with a 41-run win over Potters Bar.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 3 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 4 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 5 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 6 Historic England asks: 'What do you love about your local high street?'
- 7 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 8 Honey to the bee - hiving off new flavours for local gin
- 9 Mission success for Three Peaks Challenge team
- 10 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
They had been in a spot of trouble at 97-7 but 53 from Kabir Toor and an impressive 42* from Abdulrahim Mulla got them to 170 all out.
And a tail-end collapse saw Bar go from 124-5 to 129 all out.
Darren James finished with figures of 3-35.