Harpenden off the mark in Premier Division with Luton Town win
- Credit: Archant
Harpenden Cricket Club are off the mark in the SHCL Premier Division season with a seven-wicket win over Luton Town & Indians.
Luton won the toss and elected to bat on their home pitch but thanks to some solid bowling from Harps, they were restricted to 148-9 in their 50 overs.
Ben Clements and Richard Darwin nabbed three wickets apiece while Ben Frazer scored two.
Nick Lamb also starred, taking 1-25 from his 10 overs.
Frazer then returned to haunt Luton with the bat, hitting 76 in just 48 balls.
You may also want to watch:
It helped Harpenden reach 149-3 in the 33rd over.
Radlett also got back to winning ways with a 41-run win over Potters Bar.
- 1 More things which have gone but are not forgotten in St Albans
- 2 Stamp duty holiday extension to be debated in Parliament
- 3 Man sentenced to three years in prison for breaking girlfriend's jaw
- 4 COVID-19 deaths across Hertfordshire hit new milestone
- 5 Restaurant delivers food to households self-isolating due to Covid
- 6 Your school heroes - praise for teachers and support staff during third lockdown
- 7 St Albans City game at Dulwich Hamlet postponed due to positive test in Londoners' squad
- 8 14 St Albans things that are gone but not forgotten
- 9 Property Spotlight: A stunning conversion in the heart of Harpenden
- 10 Yellow warning for rain in Herts as Storm Christoph approaches
They had been in a spot of trouble at 97-7 but 53 from Kabir Toor and an impressive 42* from Abdulrahim Mulla got them to 170 all out.
And a tail-end collapse saw Bar go from 124-5 to 129 all out.
Darren James finished with figures of 3-35.