Harpenden not Bourne to do it
East Men s League Premier B Bourne 2 Harpenden 2 HARPENDEN remain unbeaten in the East Men s League Premier B but were disappointed not to beat struggling Bourne on Saturday. From the kick off Harpenden looked lively and soon had the lead with a quality
East Men's League
Bourne 2 Harpenden 2
HARPENDEN remain unbeaten in the East Men's League Premier B but were disappointed not to beat struggling Bourne on Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
From the kick off Harpenden looked lively and soon had the lead with a quality goal. Neil Lunn and Paul Wise exchanged passes before releasing Danny Burgess who found Mike Emes in space. Emes delayed his return pass before finding Burgess superbly to bang the ball home into the bottom corner.
Bourne regrouped and Matt Beggs in the Harps goal was required to make a number of good saves to help preserve the lead. However, just before the break, Bourne were able to force the ball into the Harpenden goal.
- 1 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 2 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 3 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 4 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
- 5 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 6 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 7 St Albans woman recognised with Queen's Award
- 8 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 9 St Albans crowned UK's cleanest city
- 10 Football club donates pitch to St Albans primary school
Harpenden regained their lead half way through the second half, the impressive David Falk releasing Ally Hutson who crossed the ball for Paul Wise to finish.
Again Harpenden failed to kick on and Bourne equalised for a second time to give the home side their first point of the season.
Harpenden will look to return to winning ways on Saturday when they entertain Wapping at Woollams in St Albans starting at noon.
l Harpenden III drew 2-2 with St Albans Exiles on Saturday at Brache. Hosts Harpenden opened the scoring when the impressive James Bird crossed for Tom Preest to shoot home on the turn.
The lead was doubled after good midfield work from skipper Pete Evans, Jon Pagan, Keith Sohl and Andy Lunn. Youngster Alex Beggs battled well to force a short corner which Evans converted with an excellent direct strike.
Goalkeeper Greg Clarke made some good saves for Harpenden but St Albans eventually broke through to halve their deficit.
In the second period, St Albans found the equaliser and were denied a winner by Harpenden defensive lynch pin Neil Liles, who impressed at sweeper, ably supported by Geoff Gould and Martin Pugh.
l Harpenden Ladies were beaten 2-1 at home by Bromley & Beckenham on Saturday. Karen Bunbury scored the goal for Harpenden.