Harpenden lose to odd goal in seven
IN THEIR final home game of the season Harpenden were beaten by Winslow Town despite going in at the break 2-1 up.
In an entertaining half, Harpenden’s leading goal-scorer Jimmy Hill broke the deadlock in the 10th minute, heading home Chris McCarthy’s corner.
Jake McClean then saved a penalty before the visitors equalised from a corner on 25 minutes.
After an all action 35 minutes Ben Warren was withdrawn and former U18 player Sam Edwards joined the fray. Hill scored Town’s second just before the interval when he powered his way into the penalty area to convert.
Fifteen minutes after the interval Winslow were ahead and they bolstered their lead with fourth in the 75th minute.
You may also want to watch:
Hill had a chance to narrow the gap from the spot after Edwards was fouled, but his penalty hit the post. Edwards was not to be denied when he walked the ball in moments later though.
The game ended with McClean making two good saves and an offside decision robbing Winslow of a ffith goal.
- 1 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 2 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 3 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 4 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 5 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 6 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 7 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 8 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans
- 9 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 10 New vicar comes to Harpenden church
Club officials are still urgently needed for the 126 year old club to continue beyond this season, which ends with two away games at Wodson Park and at the Gosling Stadium to play Codicote.