Harpenden lose to odd goal in seven
IN THEIR final home game of the season Harpenden were beaten by Winslow Town despite going in at the break 2-1 up.
In an entertaining half, Harpenden’s leading goal-scorer Jimmy Hill broke the deadlock in the 10th minute, heading home Chris McCarthy’s corner.
Jake McClean then saved a penalty before the visitors equalised from a corner on 25 minutes.
After an all action 35 minutes Ben Warren was withdrawn and former U18 player Sam Edwards joined the fray. Hill scored Town’s second just before the interval when he powered his way into the penalty area to convert.
Fifteen minutes after the interval Winslow were ahead and they bolstered their lead with fourth in the 75th minute.
You may also want to watch:
Hill had a chance to narrow the gap from the spot after Edwards was fouled, but his penalty hit the post. Edwards was not to be denied when he walked the ball in moments later though.
The game ended with McClean making two good saves and an offside decision robbing Winslow of a ffith goal.
- 1 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 2 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 3 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 4 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
- 5 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 6 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 7 St Albans woman recognised with Queen's Award
- 8 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 9 St Albans crowned UK's cleanest city
- 10 Football club donates pitch to St Albans primary school
Club officials are still urgently needed for the 126 year old club to continue beyond this season, which ends with two away games at Wodson Park and at the Gosling Stadium to play Codicote.