Harpenden left frustrated by Potters Bar’s Scott
- Credit: Archant
Harpenden Cricket Club came up against an in-form batsman as they fell to a 47-run defeat at home to Potters Bar in SHCL Premier Division.
Patrick Scott hit an unbeaten 140 as Potters Bar recorded 259-8 from their 60 overs.
And Harps just couldn’t better it despite a valiant effort, especially from Ben Frazer who got 81.
Scott’s performance was hugely frustrating for the home bowlers who kept the rest of the order in check.
They started well and had the visitors at 28-2.
You may also want to watch:
And they kept plugging away with regular wickets, three coming for just five runs as Potters Bar were reduced to 126-6.
But they couldn’t snare Scott and gave Harpenden a tough total to chase.
- 1 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 2 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 3 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 4 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 5 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 6 Bee inspired by new display at St Albans restaurant
- 7 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 8 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 9 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 10 The latest court results for the St Albans area
It took Frazer’s arrival at 38-3 to steady the ship as both he and Ben Clements pushed the score on.
But their departure hastened the end, despite a fine attempt by Alex Axon to salvage the draw.