Harpenden left frustrated by Potters Bar’s Scott
- Credit: Archant
Harpenden Cricket Club came up against an in-form batsman as they fell to a 47-run defeat at home to Potters Bar in SHCL Premier Division.
Patrick Scott hit an unbeaten 140 as Potters Bar recorded 259-8 from their 60 overs.
And Harps just couldn’t better it despite a valiant effort, especially from Ben Frazer who got 81.
Scott’s performance was hugely frustrating for the home bowlers who kept the rest of the order in check.
They started well and had the visitors at 28-2.
And they kept plugging away with regular wickets, three coming for just five runs as Potters Bar were reduced to 126-6.
But they couldn’t snare Scott and gave Harpenden a tough total to chase.
- 1 Suspected loan sharks arrested in Hemel Hempstead
- 2 Meet the artist behind The Queen's Platinum Jubilee mural in St Albans
- 3 Building company resurfaces bridleway to provide safe route for riders and walkers
- 4 From Levi's to Leyton Road: Superstar fashionista for over 50s back on shop floor
- 5 St Albans shop showcasing small independents by renting out shelves
- 6 Foodies queue to try street food sourced, cooked and served in Herts
- 7 Company of Ten's A Bunch of Amateurs production 'milks the comedy for all its worth' at the Abbey Theatre
- 8 MoonWalk success for the St Albans cancer survivor and her Belgian Buns
- 9 See inside this loft style apartment in a former hat factory
- 10 Train timetable shakeup due in St Albans and Watford from May 15
It took Frazer’s arrival at 38-3 to steady the ship as both he and Ben Clements pushed the score on.
But their departure hastened the end, despite a fine attempt by Alex Axon to salvage the draw.