Harpenden left frustrated by Potters Bar’s Scott
- Credit: Archant
Harpenden Cricket Club came up against an in-form batsman as they fell to a 47-run defeat at home to Potters Bar in SHCL Premier Division.
Patrick Scott hit an unbeaten 140 as Potters Bar recorded 259-8 from their 60 overs.
And Harps just couldn’t better it despite a valiant effort, especially from Ben Frazer who got 81.
Scott’s performance was hugely frustrating for the home bowlers who kept the rest of the order in check.
They started well and had the visitors at 28-2.
You may also want to watch:
And they kept plugging away with regular wickets, three coming for just five runs as Potters Bar were reduced to 126-6.
But they couldn’t snare Scott and gave Harpenden a tough total to chase.
- 1 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 2 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 3 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 6 Harpenden couple donate vital equipment for maternity ward
- 7 Divers to visit de Havilland Aircraft Museum to see 'bouncing bomb' they raised from a Scottish loch
- 8 Haunting music and ghostly maids - the dark streets of St Albans
- 9 A New York state of mind
- 10 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
It took Frazer’s arrival at 38-3 to steady the ship as both he and Ben Clements pushed the score on.
But their departure hastened the end, despite a fine attempt by Alex Axon to salvage the draw.