Harpenden Ladies reach national finals
- Credit: Archant
Harpenden Lawn Tennis Club’s senior ladies advanced this weekend to the finals of the National Inter-club 40 plus Knockout Competition.
Last Sunday saw the team defeat Exmouth, who boast two members of the Great Britain squads, 4-1.
The first round consisted of two singles matches and one doubles match, which resulted in a 2-1 lead for Harpenden.
The singles matches were played and won by Gill Brown and Bridie Amos.
Round two comprised two doubles matches, which were won by the Harpenden pairs.
You may also want to watch:
Monica Becerra and Miranda Hoosking made up the second Harpenden pair.
The Harpenden team will now travel up to Dudley, West Midlands, on November 22-23 to play for the national title and a chance to represent England in the European Club Championship.
- 1 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 2 Shortages crisis hits district
- 3 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans
- 4 Neighbouring councils reject Bowmans Cross development
- 5 St Albans school adopts new wellbeing app
- 6 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 7 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 8 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
- 9 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 10 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner