Harpenden Ladies reach national finals
- Credit: Archant
Harpenden Lawn Tennis Club’s senior ladies advanced this weekend to the finals of the National Inter-club 40 plus Knockout Competition.
Last Sunday saw the team defeat Exmouth, who boast two members of the Great Britain squads, 4-1.
The first round consisted of two singles matches and one doubles match, which resulted in a 2-1 lead for Harpenden.
The singles matches were played and won by Gill Brown and Bridie Amos.
Round two comprised two doubles matches, which were won by the Harpenden pairs.
You may also want to watch:
Monica Becerra and Miranda Hoosking made up the second Harpenden pair.
The Harpenden team will now travel up to Dudley, West Midlands, on November 22-23 to play for the national title and a chance to represent England in the European Club Championship.
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 4 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 5 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 6 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 7 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 10 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall