Harpenden host County South Divisional event
- Credit: Archant
Harpenden Bowling Club played host to the semi-finals and final on the County South Divisional trophy.
Despite some very competitive ends, Potters Bar ended the hopes of the host’s ladies team with a 19-12 win.
Harpenden’s squad consisted of Lesley Tutt, Beryl Driscoll, Lyn Roberts and Lucy Ratcliffe.
The men, however, had better luck, making the final thanks to a 47-42 victory over Hatifeld.
The final against Welwyn Garden City in the afternoon provided some very entertaining play.
You may also want to watch:
And it wasn’t until the 42nd and last end that the match was decided in favour of WGC 39-34.
Harpenden men’s squad comprised of Noel Roberts, Jack Blissett, Kevin Brazier, Nick Muir, John Williams, Willy Donoghue, Tony Redford, David Brooks and Tom Muir.
- 1 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 2 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 3 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 4 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 5 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 6 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 7 Harpenden constituency to go under proposed boundary changes
- 8 Take a trip to the seaside for fun adaptation of The Comedy of Errors at the Roman Theatre festival
- 9 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 10 Quarantine hotel set up in St Albans