Harpenden host County South Divisional event
- Credit: Archant
Harpenden Bowling Club played host to the semi-finals and final on the County South Divisional trophy.
Despite some very competitive ends, Potters Bar ended the hopes of the host’s ladies team with a 19-12 win.
Harpenden’s squad consisted of Lesley Tutt, Beryl Driscoll, Lyn Roberts and Lucy Ratcliffe.
The men, however, had better luck, making the final thanks to a 47-42 victory over Hatifeld.
The final against Welwyn Garden City in the afternoon provided some very entertaining play.
You may also want to watch:
And it wasn’t until the 42nd and last end that the match was decided in favour of WGC 39-34.
Harpenden men’s squad comprised of Noel Roberts, Jack Blissett, Kevin Brazier, Nick Muir, John Williams, Willy Donoghue, Tony Redford, David Brooks and Tom Muir.
- 1 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 2 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 3 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 4 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 5 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 6 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 7 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 8 Anti-vaxers condemned for intimidating behaviour and dangerous posters
- 9 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 10 Carillon Chamber Choir's farewell concert in St Albans