Solitary goal defeat for Harpenden against league leaders Blueharts
- Credit: Archant
The second half of Harpenden’s season began with a disappointing 1-0 defeat at home to Blueharts.
The East Hockey League Division Two South leaders were worthy of the victory too and could have won by a bigger margin had they not squandered a number of prime opportunities throughout the game.
Harpenden meanwhile struggled to cause them many problems at all although their cause wasn't helped by the absence of a number of key players plus an injury sustained by Mark Hoefield which saw him limp off midway through.
The Blueharts winner came in the second half following a period of prolonged pressure after Harpenden had conceded possession far too easily.
The visitors were able to break in numbers and ultimately had a free shot at the top of the circle, which was mishit but deflected in at close range.
You may also want to watch:
But Harpenden will travel to struggling Felixstowe on Saturday, winners of just one game all season, full of belief they can get the win.
- 1 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 2 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 3 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 4 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 5 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 6 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 7 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans
- 8 New vicar comes to Harpenden church
- 9 Olympian Max Whitlock opens new Harpenden leisure centre
- 10 Vote for your favourite restaurant in Chamber of Commerce poll