Solitary goal defeat for Harpenden against league leaders Blueharts
- Credit: Archant
The second half of Harpenden’s season began with a disappointing 1-0 defeat at home to Blueharts.
The East Hockey League Division Two South leaders were worthy of the victory too and could have won by a bigger margin had they not squandered a number of prime opportunities throughout the game.
Harpenden meanwhile struggled to cause them many problems at all although their cause wasn't helped by the absence of a number of key players plus an injury sustained by Mark Hoefield which saw him limp off midway through.
The Blueharts winner came in the second half following a period of prolonged pressure after Harpenden had conceded possession far too easily.
The visitors were able to break in numbers and ultimately had a free shot at the top of the circle, which was mishit but deflected in at close range.
You may also want to watch:
But Harpenden will travel to struggling Felixstowe on Saturday, winners of just one game all season, full of belief they can get the win.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 5 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 6 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 9 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 10 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall