Poor showing from Harpenden costs them dear against Berkhamsted
- Credit: Archant
Harpenden Hockey Club’s men will want to put this result behind them as soon as possible after crashing to a 4-1 defeat at home to Berkhamsted.
It was a game that on paper at least they should've won, but the 4-1 defeat drops Harps down to sixth in East League Division Two South with their visitors now just three points and one place behind them.
They started strongly enough but couldn't capitalise in front of goal. Berko on the other hand they made the most of their solitary chance in the first half, scoring from a deflected penalty corner.
Harpenden did level before half-time, Harry Kneale scoring a spectacular overhead volley from a rebounded penalty corner, but that was as good as it got.
And a dreadful second half, topped off with a number of cards, allowed Berkhamsted to score three unanswered goals.
You may also want to watch:
Harpenden go to third-placed Chelmsford on Saturday.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 3 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 4 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 5 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 6 Historic England asks: 'What do you love about your local high street?'
- 7 Mission success for Three Peaks Challenge team
- 8 Honey to the bee - hiving off new flavours for local gin
- 9 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 10 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book