First loss of the season for Harpenden comes at Blueharts
- Credit: Archant
Harpenden suffered a first defeat of the East League Division Two South season as they lost 6-3 at Blueharts.
They were always chasing the game after conceding the first inside five minutes from a penalty corner.
The Hitchin-based host had made it 3-0 before the sides traded goals. Mark Hoefield, Todd Baines and Reece Baker-Kiff got the Harpenden goals but there was never enough time left to salvage anything from the game.
Goalkeeper Andy King said: "In all honesty, they could have had at least a couple more goals were it not for some sloppy finishing on their part.
"Equally we could've added to our goal-count ourselves as we hit the post twice through Ali Hutton and Harry Kneale and had a least two further near misses.
You may also want to watch:
"But they were definitely the better side when all is said and done."
Harpenden now have back-to-back home games at Woollams against Felixstowe and then Brentwood.
- 1 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 2 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 3 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 4 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 5 Shortages crisis hits district
- 6 Magic Johnson keeps St Albans City in the FA Cup at Concord Rangers
- 7 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 8 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 9 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 10 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25