Harpenden denied impressive win at Chelmsford by late equaliser
- Credit: Archant
Harpenden goalkeeper Andy King believes their 1-1 draw away to Chelmsford in East Hockey League Division Two South could help them finish the first part of the season on a high.
The Woollams-based side travelled on the back of two defeats in their last three which has just seen them lose contact slightly with the teams ahead of them.
But a goal from Mark Hoefield, following good play between him and Jim Neale, together with a penalty flick save from King looked to be enough to give Harpenden all three points.
A break with minutes remaining, and a unintended deflection, gave the hosts a point but King was still happy ahead of their final game of 2019 at Wapping on Saturday.
He said: "We were under pressure from Chelmsford throughout and they created numerous chances on goal.
You may also want to watch:
"Not many teams will take points from their trip there. They are notoriouslt strong at home but we could have nicked the win."
Harpenden's star man was James Singer for a competitive midfield display.
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 Which St Albans nursery has been voted best in the East of England?
- 3 St Albans named among England's most expensive property hotspots
- 4 In pictures: First Comedy Garden is a complete laughfest
- 5 Parents condemn Oaklands' decision to close nursery as a 'travesty'
- 6 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 7 London Colney in 'a good place' as they look for a season of redemption
- 8 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 9 New campaign highlights Abbey Line hidden gems
- 10 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street