Frustrated Harpenden held to a draw in Wapping after drab encounter
- Credit: Archant
Harpenden Hockey Club’s men had a frustrating trip to the capital as they drew 1-1 away to Wapping.
The East Hockey League Division Two South clash was not one that will live long in the memory as neither side were able to gain the upper hand for too long.
Harpenden took the lead midway through the first half with Ali Barrett scoring from an unusual penalty corner routine.
But Wapping equalised with 10 minutes left to play in the contest, a just reward after having the better of the play for some time before.
But other than that goalmouth action was at a premium.
You may also want to watch:
Harpenden skipper Nick Kimberley took the man of the match award for a solid game on his return from injury, making a couple of crucial interceptions and tackles in defence.
The result leaves Harpenden sixth in the table and hoping for much better luck when they host Bedford on Saturday.
- 1 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 2 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 3 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 History comes to life at Celtic Harmony in Hertfordshire
- 6 Lost Morecambe & Wise episode to be screened on TV for first time in 50 years
- 7 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 8 Property Secrets: St Albans Green councillor Simon Grover
- 9 St Albans violent crime: Recreational drug users 'feeding' County Lines
- 10 Youngsters star in Watford win much to delight of St Albans City boss Ian Allinson