Frustrated Harpenden held to a draw in Wapping after drab encounter
- Credit: Archant
Harpenden Hockey Club’s men had a frustrating trip to the capital as they drew 1-1 away to Wapping.
The East Hockey League Division Two South clash was not one that will live long in the memory as neither side were able to gain the upper hand for too long.
Harpenden took the lead midway through the first half with Ali Barrett scoring from an unusual penalty corner routine.
But Wapping equalised with 10 minutes left to play in the contest, a just reward after having the better of the play for some time before.
But other than that goalmouth action was at a premium.
You may also want to watch:
Harpenden skipper Nick Kimberley took the man of the match award for a solid game on his return from injury, making a couple of crucial interceptions and tackles in defence.
The result leaves Harpenden sixth in the table and hoping for much better luck when they host Bedford on Saturday.
- 1 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 2 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 3 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 4 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 5 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 6 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
- 7 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 8 From supplying secret agents to headmaster's secretary, Patricia celebrates centenary
- 9 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 10 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match