Harpenden heap more misery on struggling Letchworth 2nds
- Credit: Archant
Five unanswered goals saw Harpenden continue their upward ascension in East League Division 2S while heaping more misery on basement side Letchworth 2nds.
Harpenden began brightly, quickly dominating possession, but struggled to break down Letchworth’s defence.
After Alistair Barrett had a goal scratched off for hitting the ball outside the D, Russell Timms did break the deadlock, turning in Danny Burgess’ cross.
After the interval, Harpenden upped their work rate and were rewarded with four more goals.
The first was the result of Nick McLean’s tenacity in the circle, dispossessing a Letchworth defender and creating a close range opening for Matt Evans.
Reece Baker-Kiff scored the third with a well-placed drag flick from a short corner.
The fourth saw David Falk dispossess a Letchworth player and then converted a slick passing move, the final through ball provided by Evans.
- 1 Frustration and anger over St Albans school's change to hairstyle and uniform policy
- 2 'Don't touch my hair!' - tackling hair discrimination against black youngsters
- 3 Hundreds in Herts fined for breaking lockdown rules
- 4 Property Spotlight: A striking modern apartment in St Albans
- 5 From St Albans to the Australian outback for The Tourist's Shalom Brune-Franklin in BBC One series
- 6 Red Door Recruitment share tips to help you land your dream job as they celebrate 15 years in business
- 7 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 8 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 9 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 10 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
The scoring concluded just before the final whistle when McLean scored a striker’s goal, helping a Falk through ball over the line.
Harpenden’s next game is a tough match away to Potters Bar.