Harpenden heap more misery on struggling Letchworth 2nds
- Credit: Archant
Five unanswered goals saw Harpenden continue their upward ascension in East League Division 2S while heaping more misery on basement side Letchworth 2nds.
Harpenden began brightly, quickly dominating possession, but struggled to break down Letchworth’s defence.
After Alistair Barrett had a goal scratched off for hitting the ball outside the D, Russell Timms did break the deadlock, turning in Danny Burgess’ cross.
After the interval, Harpenden upped their work rate and were rewarded with four more goals.
The first was the result of Nick McLean’s tenacity in the circle, dispossessing a Letchworth defender and creating a close range opening for Matt Evans.
You may also want to watch:
Reece Baker-Kiff scored the third with a well-placed drag flick from a short corner.
The fourth saw David Falk dispossess a Letchworth player and then converted a slick passing move, the final through ball provided by Evans.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 5 St Albans City over bad start says Chris Winton as improved results and performances continue against Havant
- 6 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 7 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 8 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 9 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 10 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
The scoring concluded just before the final whistle when McLean scored a striker’s goal, helping a Falk through ball over the line.
Harpenden’s next game is a tough match away to Potters Bar.