Harpenden heap more misery on struggling Letchworth 2nds
- Credit: Archant
Five unanswered goals saw Harpenden continue their upward ascension in East League Division 2S while heaping more misery on basement side Letchworth 2nds.
Harpenden began brightly, quickly dominating possession, but struggled to break down Letchworth’s defence.
After Alistair Barrett had a goal scratched off for hitting the ball outside the D, Russell Timms did break the deadlock, turning in Danny Burgess’ cross.
After the interval, Harpenden upped their work rate and were rewarded with four more goals.
The first was the result of Nick McLean’s tenacity in the circle, dispossessing a Letchworth defender and creating a close range opening for Matt Evans.
You may also want to watch:
Reece Baker-Kiff scored the third with a well-placed drag flick from a short corner.
The fourth saw David Falk dispossess a Letchworth player and then converted a slick passing move, the final through ball provided by Evans.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 8 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 9 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 10 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
The scoring concluded just before the final whistle when McLean scored a striker’s goal, helping a Falk through ball over the line.
Harpenden’s next game is a tough match away to Potters Bar.