Second successive Ovaltine Trophy win for Harpenden Golf Club’s ladies
- Credit: Archant
Harpenden Golf Club’s Ladies capped a fine year for the club by retaining their Hertfordshire County Scratch Champions crown.
The Redbourn Lane-based golf club is celebrating its 125th anniversary year and had the honour of hosting the event.
In total 40 lady golfers from across the county took to the course to compete for four divisional titles.
Standing between the home club and a second successive title was a very strong team from Welwyn Garden City.
But the squad, which saw Mel Arnold and Alison Franklin join the trio of Michaela du Plessis, Rhona Finch and Cathy Gosling from last year's successful team, battled through to win 3-2 and lift the Ovaltine Trophy.
You may also want to watch:
The 12 months of 2019 will go down in folklore at the club, not least for the anniversary celebrations and this title win.
They also hosted the Men's County Championship which saw more home success with Joss Gosling picking up the title.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 5 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 10 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall