Second successive Ovaltine Trophy win for Harpenden Golf Club’s ladies
- Credit: Archant
Harpenden Golf Club’s Ladies capped a fine year for the club by retaining their Hertfordshire County Scratch Champions crown.
The Redbourn Lane-based golf club is celebrating its 125th anniversary year and had the honour of hosting the event.
In total 40 lady golfers from across the county took to the course to compete for four divisional titles.
Standing between the home club and a second successive title was a very strong team from Welwyn Garden City.
But the squad, which saw Mel Arnold and Alison Franklin join the trio of Michaela du Plessis, Rhona Finch and Cathy Gosling from last year's successful team, battled through to win 3-2 and lift the Ovaltine Trophy.
The 12 months of 2019 will go down in folklore at the club, not least for the anniversary celebrations and this title win.
They also hosted the Men's County Championship which saw more home success with Joss Gosling picking up the title.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 2 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 3 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 4 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 5 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 6 Careers advice for St Albans children in centuries gone by
- 7 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 8 St Albans hockey player still going strong at 80
- 9 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
- 10 Area Guide: The busy Hertfordshire town of Hemel Hempstead