Second successive Ovaltine Trophy win for Harpenden Golf Club’s ladies
- Credit: Archant
Harpenden Golf Club’s Ladies capped a fine year for the club by retaining their Hertfordshire County Scratch Champions crown.
The Redbourn Lane-based golf club is celebrating its 125th anniversary year and had the honour of hosting the event.
In total 40 lady golfers from across the county took to the course to compete for four divisional titles.
Standing between the home club and a second successive title was a very strong team from Welwyn Garden City.
But the squad, which saw Mel Arnold and Alison Franklin join the trio of Michaela du Plessis, Rhona Finch and Cathy Gosling from last year's successful team, battled through to win 3-2 and lift the Ovaltine Trophy.
You may also want to watch:
The 12 months of 2019 will go down in folklore at the club, not least for the anniversary celebrations and this title win.
They also hosted the Men's County Championship which saw more home success with Joss Gosling picking up the title.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 5 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 6 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 7 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 8 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 9 St Albans City over bad start says Chris Winton as improved results and performances continue against Havant
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images