Relaxing the last thing on Harpenden Golf Club’s minds as they celebrate winning the Ovaltine Cup
- Credit: Archant
This cup of Ovaltine did anything but relax the joyful members of Harpenden Golf Club after they clinched a county title.
The finals of the Hertfordshire County Ladies Scratch League took place at Moor Park with the prize of the Ovaltine Cup up for the grabs.
Harpenden had two teams qualify, a first for the club, and a fitting achievement ahead of their 125th anniversary next year.
And it was the Division One team of Rhona Finch, Jeanne Moffat, Micaela Du Plessis, Anna Greenwood and captain Cathy Gosling who brought home the trophy after a tough final with Essendon County Club.
Gosling said: “The pre-match draw suggested there would be five very close matches and this certainly materialised.
You may also want to watch:
“Every match reached at least the last five holes before we won the necessary three games.”
The Division Four side captained by Debbie Nichols, were also victorious, beating Brickendon Grange to gain promotion.
- 1 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 2 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 3 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 4 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 5 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 6 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 7 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans
- 8 New vicar comes to Harpenden church
- 9 St Albans Feastival proves highlight of food and drink celebration
- 10 Olympian Max Whitlock opens new Harpenden leisure centre