Harpenden girls receive county recognition
- Credit: Archant
Harpenden Rugby Club’s ladies section has surpassed all expectations – a year after its creation.
This season the club has had six girls representing Hertfordshire in the South East Regional Championships, four at U15 level and two in the U18 group.
Representing the younger of the two age groups were Charlie Childs, Sarah Copp, Georgina Murray and Harriet Murray.
The U18s included Frances Copp and Elizabeth Shermer, who has been earmarked as one to watch, despite only starting playing in September.
With the Harpenden girls, the U18s are the regional champions.
You may also want to watch:
And following on behind, but not very far, were the U15s who finished fourth in their group, losing to third-placed Hampshire.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 3 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 4 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 5 Mission success for Three Peaks Challenge team
- 6 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 7 St Albans mum wins award for contribution to SEN
- 8 Church unveils new eco-garden to support wildlife in St Albans
- 9 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 10 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works