Harpenden girls receive county recognition
- Credit: Archant
Harpenden Rugby Club’s ladies section has surpassed all expectations – a year after its creation.
This season the club has had six girls representing Hertfordshire in the South East Regional Championships, four at U15 level and two in the U18 group.
Representing the younger of the two age groups were Charlie Childs, Sarah Copp, Georgina Murray and Harriet Murray.
The U18s included Frances Copp and Elizabeth Shermer, who has been earmarked as one to watch, despite only starting playing in September.
With the Harpenden girls, the U18s are the regional champions.
You may also want to watch:
And following on behind, but not very far, were the U15s who finished fourth in their group, losing to third-placed Hampshire.
- 1 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 4 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 5 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 6 11 things you might not know about St Albans' new Mayor
- 7 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 8 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 9 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 10 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common