Harpenden getting ready for rugby season
- Credit: Archant
Harpenden Rugby Club have been warming up for the new London Two North West campaign with a busy pre-season programme.
A bruising opening encounter with Hertford saw 24 players used, with two of them suffering cut eyebrows and another a suspected broken nose.
Number eight Michael Goode, scrum-half Mark Evans and wing Max Baggio were available to face Brighton Blues, which ended in an exciting 20-19 victory.
Goode and Baggio touched down and a fitter-looking Harpenden side were also awarded a penalty try, while Tom Sweeney kicked a penalty as the club managed to avoid picking up any more injuries.
This weekend sees the club hold their annual sevens event, which is known for a high standard of rugby.
You may also want to watch:
A fun day is expected for supporters who have an interest in fast-flowing action and there will be the usual family entertainment and plenty of parking available.
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 3 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 4 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 5 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 6 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 7 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 8 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 9 Invincible London Colney youngsters complete incredible first season
- 10 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden