Harpenden getting ready for rugby season
- Credit: Archant
Harpenden Rugby Club have been warming up for the new London Two North West campaign with a busy pre-season programme.
A bruising opening encounter with Hertford saw 24 players used, with two of them suffering cut eyebrows and another a suspected broken nose.
Number eight Michael Goode, scrum-half Mark Evans and wing Max Baggio were available to face Brighton Blues, which ended in an exciting 20-19 victory.
Goode and Baggio touched down and a fitter-looking Harpenden side were also awarded a penalty try, while Tom Sweeney kicked a penalty as the club managed to avoid picking up any more injuries.
This weekend sees the club hold their annual sevens event, which is known for a high standard of rugby.
A fun day is expected for supporters who have an interest in fast-flowing action and there will be the usual family entertainment and plenty of parking available.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 2 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 3 From St Albans to the Australian outback for The Tourist's Shalom Brune-Franklin in BBC One series
- 4 Careers advice for St Albans children in centuries gone by
- 5 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 6 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 7 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 8 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 9 Ian Allinson praises 'unbelievable shift' of St Albans City players against Maidstone
- 10 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival