Harpenden getting ready for rugby season
- Credit: Archant
Harpenden Rugby Club have been warming up for the new London Two North West campaign with a busy pre-season programme.
A bruising opening encounter with Hertford saw 24 players used, with two of them suffering cut eyebrows and another a suspected broken nose.
Number eight Michael Goode, scrum-half Mark Evans and wing Max Baggio were available to face Brighton Blues, which ended in an exciting 20-19 victory.
Goode and Baggio touched down and a fitter-looking Harpenden side were also awarded a penalty try, while Tom Sweeney kicked a penalty as the club managed to avoid picking up any more injuries.
This weekend sees the club hold their annual sevens event, which is known for a high standard of rugby.
You may also want to watch:
A fun day is expected for supporters who have an interest in fast-flowing action and there will be the usual family entertainment and plenty of parking available.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 4 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 5 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 6 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 7 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 8 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 9 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 10 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development