Harpenden Hockey Club get 2019 off to a great start with a confident win over Blueharts
- Credit: Archant
Harpenden Hockey Club got the second half of their season off to a great start with a 3-0 win over Blueharts.
And with results going their way elsewhere in Division Two South, they have made up ground on the sides in the top half of the table.
Harry Kneale’s first for the club and one for Tom Bunbury, a brave and clever deflection from a short corner, gave them a 2-0 half-time lead.
And Reece Baker-Kiff completed the win in the second half as Harpenden coasted to an easy win that they may think could have been bigger.
With skipper Nick Kimberley and goalkeeper Andy King both out injured, Dave Falk led the team well and Pascal Culverhouse kept a clean sheet in a confident performance between the sticks.
Tom Bleakley was man of the match for a shift full of energy and dynamic play.
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 Seventies St Albans is backdrop to new novel about secret Nazi treasure
- 3 Extinction Rebellion protestors scale roof of Barclays in St Albans
- 4 Local restaurants snap up accolades in Curry Awards
- 5 Property Spotlight: See inside this stunning £2.1m period home in St Albans
- 6 1,000 new homes planned next to village
- 7 Batchwood Golf Course to be redesigned after houses hit by balls
- 8 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 9 Future of Harpenden Public Halls site revealed
- 10 Saints get another National League South rival after draw for FA Trophy