Harpenden Hockey Club get 2019 off to a great start with a confident win over Blueharts
- Credit: Archant
Harpenden Hockey Club got the second half of their season off to a great start with a 3-0 win over Blueharts.
And with results going their way elsewhere in Division Two South, they have made up ground on the sides in the top half of the table.
Harry Kneale’s first for the club and one for Tom Bunbury, a brave and clever deflection from a short corner, gave them a 2-0 half-time lead.
And Reece Baker-Kiff completed the win in the second half as Harpenden coasted to an easy win that they may think could have been bigger.
With skipper Nick Kimberley and goalkeeper Andy King both out injured, Dave Falk led the team well and Pascal Culverhouse kept a clean sheet in a confident performance between the sticks.
You may also want to watch:
Tom Bleakley was man of the match for a shift full of energy and dynamic play.
- 1 CCTV appeal after £100,000 worth of vehicles destroyed in arson attack
- 2 What to expect with pupils heading back to the classroom
- 3 Residents' misery after disruption on former Butterfly World site
- 4 Special report: An insight into dog theft in Hertfordshire
- 5 Tributes paid following death of 'warm and polite' Redbourn councillor
- 6 Blooming Burnham flower tributes 'spread love not lurgies'
- 7 St Albans' COVID cases decline considerably as roadmap out of lockdown announced
- 8 Harpenden receives high praise from Health Secretary over vaccine
- 9 The latest court results from the St Albans area
- 10 Renewed promises made across three generations of Herts guides