Harpenden Hockey Club get 2019 off to a great start with a confident win over Blueharts
- Credit: Archant
Harpenden Hockey Club got the second half of their season off to a great start with a 3-0 win over Blueharts.
And with results going their way elsewhere in Division Two South, they have made up ground on the sides in the top half of the table.
Harry Kneale’s first for the club and one for Tom Bunbury, a brave and clever deflection from a short corner, gave them a 2-0 half-time lead.
And Reece Baker-Kiff completed the win in the second half as Harpenden coasted to an easy win that they may think could have been bigger.
With skipper Nick Kimberley and goalkeeper Andy King both out injured, Dave Falk led the team well and Pascal Culverhouse kept a clean sheet in a confident performance between the sticks.
You may also want to watch:
Tom Bleakley was man of the match for a shift full of energy and dynamic play.
- 1 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 2 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 3 Police swoop on organised gangs as part of major operation
- 4 Remembering one-of-a-kind local legend Lee Bozier
- 5 How many people in St Albans were fined for breaking COVID rules?
- 6 Hitchin and Harpenden MP responds to questions over new £2,500 a month part-time role
- 7 Oaklands College principal leaving after 10 years
- 8 Charity for older people has busiest year ever during pandemic
- 9 Stamp duty holiday extension to be debated in Parliament
- 10 Why is there a 50mph speed limit on small section of A414?