Harpenden Cricket Club’s U11 girls retain County Cup
- Credit: Archant
Harpenden U11 Girls Cricket Team retained the County Cup after beating Boxmoor in the final on Sunday.
Harpenden captain, Luella Base, after winning the toss, opted to bat first.
Opening up with Charlotte Caswell, the pair made steady progress taking the score onto 214. The second pairing of Emily Lucas and Izzy Chapman got stuck into the Boxmoor bowling attack, including a six hit by Emily to take score onto 239.
The next pair, Emma Clarke and Hannah Burns, batting in rain and a swirling wind and despite a couple of excellent catches by the Boxmoor fielders, kept the score moving forward. The last pair of Lucy Evans and Sarah Brooks, facing the best of the bowling, did brilliantly to help the team post a score of 268.
After a good batting performance, the girls followed up with some excellent bowling. The pick of the bowlers were Charlotte Caswell, Emma Clarke, Lucy Evans and Sarah Brooks, and there was also some excellent fielding from Hannah Booth and wicket keeper Izzy Chapman.
You may also want to watch:
Boxmoor were always behind the run rate required and in the end they finished on 229, resulting in a comfortable win for Harpenden by 39 runs.
- 1 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 2 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 3 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 4 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 5 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 6 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 7 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 8 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 9 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 10 Quarantine hotel set up in St Albans