Harpenden Cricket Club’s U11 girls retain County Cup
- Credit: Archant
Harpenden U11 Girls Cricket Team retained the County Cup after beating Boxmoor in the final on Sunday.
Harpenden captain, Luella Base, after winning the toss, opted to bat first.
Opening up with Charlotte Caswell, the pair made steady progress taking the score onto 214. The second pairing of Emily Lucas and Izzy Chapman got stuck into the Boxmoor bowling attack, including a six hit by Emily to take score onto 239.
The next pair, Emma Clarke and Hannah Burns, batting in rain and a swirling wind and despite a couple of excellent catches by the Boxmoor fielders, kept the score moving forward. The last pair of Lucy Evans and Sarah Brooks, facing the best of the bowling, did brilliantly to help the team post a score of 268.
After a good batting performance, the girls followed up with some excellent bowling. The pick of the bowlers were Charlotte Caswell, Emma Clarke, Lucy Evans and Sarah Brooks, and there was also some excellent fielding from Hannah Booth and wicket keeper Izzy Chapman.
You may also want to watch:
Boxmoor were always behind the run rate required and in the end they finished on 229, resulting in a comfortable win for Harpenden by 39 runs.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 3 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 4 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 5 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 6 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 7 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 8 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 9 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 10 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development