Harpenden continue their climb up the table with a come-from-behind success over Baldock
- Credit: Archant
Harpenden Town battled back from the loss of an early goal to beat Baldock Town 2-1 in the Spartan South Midlands League Premier Division.
Harry Holland had put the visitors in front on 18 minutes with a good finish from close range ending a fine spell of pressure.
But slowly Harpenden hauled themselves back into the game and they were level before half-time when Callum Yeates notched his second for the club after being set-up by Archie McClelland.
And after picking up the assist for that, Harpenden’s top scorer went back to what he does best, supplying the finish to a Jake Collins pass.
It was McClelland’s 16th of the season and his sixth in the last eight league games.
You may also want to watch:
The result lifts Harpenden up to 13th with the threat of relegation now firmly forgotten.
Their next game is tomorrow (Wednesday) when they head to New Lamb Meadow for the return clash with Baldock.
- 1 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 2 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 3 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 4 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 5 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 6 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 7 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans
- 8 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 9 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 10 New vicar comes to Harpenden church