Harpenden continue their climb up the table with a come-from-behind success over Baldock
- Credit: Archant
Harpenden Town battled back from the loss of an early goal to beat Baldock Town 2-1 in the Spartan South Midlands League Premier Division.
Harry Holland had put the visitors in front on 18 minutes with a good finish from close range ending a fine spell of pressure.
But slowly Harpenden hauled themselves back into the game and they were level before half-time when Callum Yeates notched his second for the club after being set-up by Archie McClelland.
And after picking up the assist for that, Harpenden’s top scorer went back to what he does best, supplying the finish to a Jake Collins pass.
It was McClelland’s 16th of the season and his sixth in the last eight league games.
You may also want to watch:
The result lifts Harpenden up to 13th with the threat of relegation now firmly forgotten.
Their next game is tomorrow (Wednesday) when they head to New Lamb Meadow for the return clash with Baldock.
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 3 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 4 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 5 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 6 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 7 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 8 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 9 Invincible London Colney youngsters complete incredible first season
- 10 St Albans Striders enjoy comfort of their home roads if not the heat and hills