Harpenden Colts U16 Blues claim league title with thrilling display
- Credit: Archant
Harpenden Colts U16 Blues produced a stunning second-half display against Cassiobury Rangers to clinch the West Herts Youth League Division Two title.
It was 0-0 at half-time against their championship rivals but a thrilling display of counter-attacking football brought a 4-0 victory.
Fine goalkeeping, brave blocks were the main features of the game and it meant the Colts finished with 52 points from 22 games.
In total they won 16, drew four and lost just two, scoring 60 goals along the way.
They also produced 10 clean sheets, an impressive feat in youth football, and as with most title-winning teams the foundation was a very strong defence.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for the club said: “We rotated the 19 squad members during their campaign with the objective of giving all players equal playing time. Winning the league was a magnificent achievement for both the boys and their dedicated coaches.”
- 1 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 2 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 3 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 4 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 5 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 6 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 7 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 8 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 9 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 10 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues