Harpenden Colts round up
HERE we round up all of Harpenden Colts’ games from the weekend.
The U9s set the weekend alight as the Jaguars, Panthers, Pumas and Lions all won their respective fixtures. Oliver Connolly was MOM for the Jaguars and Urian Hammond and Jay McCavey-Redmond starred for the Pumas, as did Jake Ball for the Lions.
Unfortunately the Tigers exited in the semi-final of the cup on penalties with Daniel Bentham putting in a sterling performance.
U10 Blue Ravens came through a punishing divisional cup semi-final beating Bury Rangers 2-0, Cutler and Hammond netting the goals.
U11 Blacks lost their first league fixture 1-0 against Watford Youth, Blues beat a strong Berkhampstead Raiders Green 3-0, Hawks were victorious 7-5 against Berkhampstead Raiders White to finish third in their division and the Whitecaps went down 4-1 against an energetic Abbots Youth.
Hurricanes finished their campaign with an impressive 4-1 win against Hertford Town .
U12 Cougars jumped to second in their division after a 5-3 victory over Chorleywood. Jonny Turner was MOM.
- 1 Body of man in his 40s found in Hemel Hempstead
- 2 Married at First Sight: St Albans' Whitney wants to walk down the aisle
- 3 Hertfordshire under Met Office yellow warning for storms
- 4 Main footpath closed while CCOS South work underway
- 5 Three rail and bus strikes in London and the East this week
- 6 Motorcyclist in serious but stable condition after B556 London Colney crash
- 7 Trains between St Albans and Luton cancelled due to fire
- 8 Could community banking hub open in Harpenden?
- 9 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 10 Man threatened officers with 'bomb' at police station
U13 Cobras went down 3-1 to Leverstock Green whilst the Tigers are still on course for a second place finish after a 3-0 victory against St Albans City Youth.
U16 Rovers had an extremely competitive double header against Waltham Cross. They were 4-0 victors in the first game and narrowly lost the second 1-0.
The U17 Falcons fought a rearguard action in their 3-2 defeat by Cuffley. Connor Hutchinson was named MOM.
U17 Eagles look good for a top two spot after winning 4-0 against Waltham Abbey. Stevie Buckler starred.
Other results included U15 Warriors 4 Whitewebbs 3, Spartans 6 Hatfield Town 2, Poenix 0 Bury Rangers 1, U16 United 5 Risden Wood 3, Athletic 3 Wheathampstead 2 with Albion losing their semi-final to Potters Bar Crusaders 3-1.