Harpenden Colts round up
HERE we round up all of Harpenden Colts’ games from the weekend.
The U9s set the weekend alight as the Jaguars, Panthers, Pumas and Lions all won their respective fixtures. Oliver Connolly was MOM for the Jaguars and Urian Hammond and Jay McCavey-Redmond starred for the Pumas, as did Jake Ball for the Lions.
Unfortunately the Tigers exited in the semi-final of the cup on penalties with Daniel Bentham putting in a sterling performance.
U10 Blue Ravens came through a punishing divisional cup semi-final beating Bury Rangers 2-0, Cutler and Hammond netting the goals.
U11 Blacks lost their first league fixture 1-0 against Watford Youth, Blues beat a strong Berkhampstead Raiders Green 3-0, Hawks were victorious 7-5 against Berkhampstead Raiders White to finish third in their division and the Whitecaps went down 4-1 against an energetic Abbots Youth.
Hurricanes finished their campaign with an impressive 4-1 win against Hertford Town .
U12 Cougars jumped to second in their division after a 5-3 victory over Chorleywood. Jonny Turner was MOM.
- 1 So why WAS police helicopter flying over St Albans last week?
- 2 Who was the witch of St Albans?
- 3 Frustration and anger over St Albans school's change to hairstyle and uniform policy
- 4 Staying silent: the tight-lipped MP who refuses to answer controversial questions
- 5 Wholefoods shop relocates to offer wider range of produce
- 6 St Albans named best in the UK for recycling
- 7 Landowners advised to step up security following spike in fly-tipping across Hertfordshire
- 8 More harsh truths in the St Albans City dressing room as mistakes cost them at Chippenham
- 9 Controversial plans to build quarry in Hatfield scrapped
- 10 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
U13 Cobras went down 3-1 to Leverstock Green whilst the Tigers are still on course for a second place finish after a 3-0 victory against St Albans City Youth.
U16 Rovers had an extremely competitive double header against Waltham Cross. They were 4-0 victors in the first game and narrowly lost the second 1-0.
The U17 Falcons fought a rearguard action in their 3-2 defeat by Cuffley. Connor Hutchinson was named MOM.
U17 Eagles look good for a top two spot after winning 4-0 against Waltham Abbey. Stevie Buckler starred.
Other results included U15 Warriors 4 Whitewebbs 3, Spartans 6 Hatfield Town 2, Poenix 0 Bury Rangers 1, U16 United 5 Risden Wood 3, Athletic 3 Wheathampstead 2 with Albion losing their semi-final to Potters Bar Crusaders 3-1.