New sponsor to provide ‘generous support’ to Harpenden Colts Football Club
- Credit: Archant
There will be a new name on the front of Harpenden Colts’s shirts after they welcomed a new sponsor.
The football club, founded in 1976 and with over 1,200 players currently, has been backed by PhillipsPage Associates (PPA).
The mechanical, electrical and public health engineering consultancy was established in Harpenden in 2008 and now has a London head office with further offices in Dublin, Paris and Frankfurt.
Managing director Jonathan Phillips, who is Harpenden born and bred, has a son and daughter who both play for the club and the sponsorship fulfils a longstanding ambition.
It will provide essential additional funds to support the club’s facilities, equipment and coaching provision, in what is already a particularly challenging season.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “I’m extremely proud and honoured to have this opportunity to be able to provide additional support to our club.
Harpenden Colts is a fantastic football club that demonstrates the true spirit of Harpenden’s community.
- 1 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 2 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 3 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 4 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 5 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 6 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 7 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans
- 8 New vicar comes to Harpenden church
- 9 St Albans Feastival proves highlight of food and drink celebration
- 10 Olympian Max Whitlock opens new Harpenden leisure centre
“There is so much support and dedication from the whole team who organise, run and coach our children throughout the year.”
Richard Bandell, chairman of the Colts, said: “It is wonderful to have the backing of a successful, local business and I’d like to thank PPA for their generous support.
“Our players will step out onto the pitch with pride wearing their new home kit.”