Harpenden club make a splash
HARPENDEN Swimming Club bought the curtain down on a successful year with more glory in the County Development meet at Borehamwood. The club were represented by 12 young swimmers who produced a number of personal best times and with it plenty of medals.
HARPENDEN Swimming Club bought the curtain down on a successful year with more glory in the County Development meet at Borehamwood.
The club were represented by 12 young swimmers who produced a number of personal best times and with it plenty of medals. The most impressive aspect of the swimmers' performance was the number of county qualifying times that they achieved.
Daniel Campfield, Matthew Crawford, Juliet Merelie, Abbie West and Mitzi Weston all recorded qualifying times in a variety of events for the championships in March next year. Daniel, Mitzi, Juliet, Abbie and Tania De Malglaive all took home Gold medals to cap a memorable day for the club.
The club had another excellent weekend at the Regional Short Course Championships held at the UEA pool in Norwich. The Open Championship saw the club's juniors compete against adult, international and Olympic swimmers.
You may also want to watch:
Flora Hanson picked up bronze in the Women's 800m freestyle and silver in the junior event. Hanson also recorded a personal best as she finished seventh in the 400m individual medley.
Morgan Pugh produced two personal best times as he finished 34th in the 50m freestyle and 40th in the 100m freestyle.
- 1 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 2 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 3 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 4 11 of St Albans' prettiest streets
- 5 Anti-vaxers condemned for intimidating behaviour and dangerous posters
- 6 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 7 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 8 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 9 An old friend returns after 30 years
- 10 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
These excellent results give the club great hopes for these swimmers when they compete in their proper age groups next year and brings to an end an incredibly successful year.