Harpenden Bowls Club opening the doors to show what the sport is all about
- Credit: Archant
The warmer weather is always a good indication that it will be soon be time for summer sports – and Harpenden Bowls Club are already gearing up for the new year.
The Spenser Road-based club are running two come and try sessions in April aimed at both beginners and more experienced players.
The open day events on Sunday, April 28, and Tuesday, April 30, are also social events that give you opportunities to meet other members.
The Sunday event runs from 2.30pm to 5.30pm while Tuesday’s is a two-hour session starting at 5.30pm.
There is no dress code on the day but please wear flat-soled trainers and come rain or shine, the clubhouse will be open for a cup of tea or coffee and a chat with members about the enjoyment of playing bowls on what is considered to be one of the best greens in Hertfordshire.
You may also want to watch:
Visit www.harpendenbowlingclub.co.uk for more information.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 2 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 3 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 4 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 5 Shortages crisis hits district
- 6 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 7 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans
- 8 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
- 9 St Albans school adopts new wellbeing app
- 10 Area Guide: The quaint Hertfordshire village of Piccotts End