Harpenden Bowls Club champions
THE Harpenden Bowls Club members have been busy taking part in their Club finals with Nick Muir being crowned Men s champion and Linda Brooks taking the Ladies title. Muir beat Kevin Brazier 21-11 in the final of the men s competition and Brooks beat Lind
THE Harpenden Bowls Club members have been busy taking part in their Club finals with Nick Muir being crowned Men's champion and Linda Brooks taking the Ladies title.
Muir beat Kevin Brazier 21-11 in the final of the men's competition and Brooks beat Linda Newby by the same scoreline in the ladies section.
Tom Muir overcame Doug Rodger 21-12 to win the men's handicap with Sue Catchpole defeating Val Thomson 21-9 to take the ladies handicap title.
There was a double success for Rob Newby who won both the Cooke Trophy and the Eadie Cup. Newby and partner Geroge Tutt also took the men's pairs title after a narrow 23-22 win over Chris Poulter and Barrie Hills.
You may also want to watch:
The was some consolation for Poulter though as he teamed up with Dena Roberts to win the mixed pairs after a slender 25-24 win over Jan Holland and Ken Murray.
Lesley Tutt won the Frampton Cup after a 21-17 win over Lucy Ratcliffe and Jan Holland and Cynthia Williams were crowned ladies pairs champions after a 16-13 victory over Janet Leyland-Naylor and Pauline Taylor.
- 1 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 2 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 3 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash
- 4 From the terraces to the pitch - Huw Dawson ecstatic to reach FA Cup first round with St Albans City
- 5 Boy, 14, mugged in Harpenden park
- 6 Property Spotlight: A detached home on one of St Albans' most desirable streets
- 7 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 8 St Albans City reach FA Cup first round after shoot-out win over Corinthian Casuals
- 9 Charity clothes swap raises thousands for mental health charity
- 10 A New York state of mind
Other results were:
Partners pairs: Tony and Jennie Redford
Bennett Cup: Ted Pentecost
Officers singles: Kevin Brazier
Men's over 65 pairs: Rob Newby and Malcolm Kitchener
Senior citizens plate: Jan Reid
Fixed jack: John Osborn
Australian pairs: Tom Muir and Tony Redford
Two wood pairs: Rick and Sue Catchpole
Wightman Cup: Steve Pariser
Grant Cup: Janet Hubball, Rhona Crowe and Lucy Ratcliffe
Barlow Redford Trophy: David Brooks, Linda Brooks and Jan Holland
Good Sports triples: Val Thomson, John Williams, Marian Bull
Evening triples: Jane Thomas, Michael Dill, David Fisher, Adrian Clark, Sue Murray, Jean Clark and Alan Bostock.