Harpenden Bowls Club champions
THE Harpenden Bowls Club members have been busy taking part in their Club finals with Nick Muir being crowned Men s champion and Linda Brooks taking the Ladies title. Muir beat Kevin Brazier 21-11 in the final of the men s competition and Brooks beat Lind
THE Harpenden Bowls Club members have been busy taking part in their Club finals with Nick Muir being crowned Men's champion and Linda Brooks taking the Ladies title.
Muir beat Kevin Brazier 21-11 in the final of the men's competition and Brooks beat Linda Newby by the same scoreline in the ladies section.
Tom Muir overcame Doug Rodger 21-12 to win the men's handicap with Sue Catchpole defeating Val Thomson 21-9 to take the ladies handicap title.
There was a double success for Rob Newby who won both the Cooke Trophy and the Eadie Cup. Newby and partner Geroge Tutt also took the men's pairs title after a narrow 23-22 win over Chris Poulter and Barrie Hills.
You may also want to watch:
The was some consolation for Poulter though as he teamed up with Dena Roberts to win the mixed pairs after a slender 25-24 win over Jan Holland and Ken Murray.
Lesley Tutt won the Frampton Cup after a 21-17 win over Lucy Ratcliffe and Jan Holland and Cynthia Williams were crowned ladies pairs champions after a 16-13 victory over Janet Leyland-Naylor and Pauline Taylor.
- 1 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 2 Do you remember when The Inbetweeners came to St Albans?
- 3 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 4 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 5 Urgent care services at St Albans hospital could become appointment only
- 6 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 7 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 8 Lost Morecambe & Wise episode to be screened on TV for first time in 50 years
- 9 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 10 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
Other results were:
Partners pairs: Tony and Jennie Redford
Bennett Cup: Ted Pentecost
Officers singles: Kevin Brazier
Men's over 65 pairs: Rob Newby and Malcolm Kitchener
Senior citizens plate: Jan Reid
Fixed jack: John Osborn
Australian pairs: Tom Muir and Tony Redford
Two wood pairs: Rick and Sue Catchpole
Wightman Cup: Steve Pariser
Grant Cup: Janet Hubball, Rhona Crowe and Lucy Ratcliffe
Barlow Redford Trophy: David Brooks, Linda Brooks and Jan Holland
Good Sports triples: Val Thomson, John Williams, Marian Bull
Evening triples: Jane Thomas, Michael Dill, David Fisher, Adrian Clark, Sue Murray, Jean Clark and Alan Bostock.