Harpenden Bowling Club well represented at district finals
Harpenden Bowling Club was well represented at the district finals last weekend.
The men’s finals on Saturday saw Simon Burgess, Rick Catchpole, Rob Peppiatt and Tony Smith, in the fours, take an early lead against Potters Bar. However It was clawed back and Harpenden lost by five shots.
Rick, Colin Burgess and Doug Rodger played Bushey in the Triples Final but again an early lead was lost.
The Ladies played on Sunday and Monday. Linda Newby played Mary Banks from Hatfield in the Singles. A very close game throughout, Banks took the three shots needed to win.
In the triples, Jan Holland, Janet Hubball and Dena Roberts made an early lead and continued to score on the way top victory over Hatfield.
You may also want to watch:
The Double rink in the afternoon saw Harpenden and Hatfield playing against each other. The scores were close throughout but one rink finished five shots down and the other rink at two ends to go was also four shots down. So nine shots had to be made up in two ends. The team of Linda Brooks, Jan Holland, Linda Newby and Dena Roberts scored a four followed by a five to even the scores after the last end. The extra end saw the shot bowl change frequently but, with her last bowl, Mary Banks of Hatfield took the Jack through to the back, with an impossible shot for Linda Brooks to recover. So Hatfield won by one shot on the extra end.
- 1 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 4 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common
- 5 School buzzing about new Forest School and Hive building
- 6 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 7 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 8 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 9 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 10 SustFest hosting Open Food Gardens event across district