Harpenden Bowling Club to open doors as new season gets under way
- Credit: Archant
Harpenden Bowling Club have hoisted the colours to signify the start of their new outdoor season.
And after the traditional flag raising and bowling the first bowl ceremonies, the glorious weather provided a perfect backdrop to the ever popular gala match between teams led by the president and captain.
More than 60 enthusiastic players had a great afternoon’s bowling with president Rob Peppiatt’s team coming out on top.
The gala was played with much humour and good spirit by players of all abilities, some with just one or two years experience.
Harpenden are also running two ‘come and try’ sessions.
You may also want to watch:
The clubhouse on Spenser Road will be open to visitors who will be able to chat to members over a cup of tea or coffee about the sport and the social side of the game.
They are being held on Sunday from 2.30pm until 5.30pm and for two hours on Tuesday with a 5.30pm start.
- 1 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 2 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 3 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 4 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 5 Shortages crisis hits district
- 6 Magic Johnson keeps St Albans City in the FA Cup at Concord Rangers
- 7 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 8 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 9 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 10 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25
Flat-soled trainers are all that is required and all equipment will be provided.