Harpenden Bowling Club to open doors as new season gets under way
- Credit: Archant
Harpenden Bowling Club have hoisted the colours to signify the start of their new outdoor season.
And after the traditional flag raising and bowling the first bowl ceremonies, the glorious weather provided a perfect backdrop to the ever popular gala match between teams led by the president and captain.
More than 60 enthusiastic players had a great afternoon’s bowling with president Rob Peppiatt’s team coming out on top.
The gala was played with much humour and good spirit by players of all abilities, some with just one or two years experience.
Harpenden are also running two ‘come and try’ sessions.
You may also want to watch:
The clubhouse on Spenser Road will be open to visitors who will be able to chat to members over a cup of tea or coffee about the sport and the social side of the game.
They are being held on Sunday from 2.30pm until 5.30pm and for two hours on Tuesday with a 5.30pm start.
- 1 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 2 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 3 Freedom Day delay is a financial blow to local businesses
- 4 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 5 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 6 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 7 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 8 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 9 All aboard the Blue Tangerine Café for vital work experience
- 10 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
Flat-soled trainers are all that is required and all equipment will be provided.