Harpenden Bowling Club to run come and try it days
- Credit: Archant
It is a season that was heavily disrupted by the coronavirus pandemic but Harpenden Bowling Club are still going to be holding their taster days – even if they are later than usual.
The come and try days are part of a nationwide initiative from Bowls England where people are encouraged to give the sport a go.
Two Sundays have been reserved, September 13 and 20, with both running between 10am and 4pm.
The format is still being finalised but there should be 30-minute slots followed by a 15 minute question and answer period.
A club spokesman said: “With so many other restrictions, playing outdoors is a great way to learn new skills, keep fit and get to know new friends.
You may also want to watch:
“On the day, all you need is a pair of flat trainers and the club will provide everything else you need completely free.”
Anyone interested should ring 07847 430 597 to book a slot.
- 1 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 2 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 3 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 4 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 5 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 6 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 7 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
- 8 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 10 St Albans woman recognised with Queen's Award