Harpenden Bowling Club to run come and try it days
- Credit: Archant
It is a season that was heavily disrupted by the coronavirus pandemic but Harpenden Bowling Club are still going to be holding their taster days – even if they are later than usual.
The come and try days are part of a nationwide initiative from Bowls England where people are encouraged to give the sport a go.
Two Sundays have been reserved, September 13 and 20, with both running between 10am and 4pm.
The format is still being finalised but there should be 30-minute slots followed by a 15 minute question and answer period.
A club spokesman said: “With so many other restrictions, playing outdoors is a great way to learn new skills, keep fit and get to know new friends.
You may also want to watch:
“On the day, all you need is a pair of flat trainers and the club will provide everything else you need completely free.”
Anyone interested should ring 07847 430 597 to book a slot.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 2 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 3 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 4 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 5 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 6 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years
- 7 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 8 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 9 Area Guide: The quaint Hertfordshire village of Piccotts End
- 10 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans