Harpenden Bowling Club’s finals day produce usual high standard
- Credit: Archant
Harpenden Bowling Club’s finals day provided the usual great entertainment as 19 championships were decided.
Husband and wife Angus and Allison Low both had something to celebrate, Allison claiming the win in the Mixed Pairs along with David Brooks while Angus took home the Barlow Redford Triples together with Tony Smith and Steve Maynard.
With three Finals to contest this year Mike Barnes won his match against John Osborne in the Men's Handicap by an impressive margin but lost in two other very competitive matches.
Club president Rob Peppiatt won both of his finals, partnering Keith Davison to the Over 65s Men's Pairs before winning the Committee Singles.
A spokesman for the club said: "After a very busy year with hundreds of players using it, the green had been looked after and prepared perfectly by Keith Davison and played very true on all rinks.
You may also want to watch:
"And all the helpers worked tirelessly to provide a mixed and varied buffet to suit everybody."
- 1 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 2 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 3 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 4 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 5 Shortages crisis hits district
- 6 Magic Johnson keeps St Albans City in the FA Cup at Concord Rangers
- 7 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 8 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 9 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 10 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25