Harpenden Bowling Club’s finals day produce usual high standard
- Credit: Archant
Harpenden Bowling Club’s finals day provided the usual great entertainment as 19 championships were decided.
Husband and wife Angus and Allison Low both had something to celebrate, Allison claiming the win in the Mixed Pairs along with David Brooks while Angus took home the Barlow Redford Triples together with Tony Smith and Steve Maynard.
With three Finals to contest this year Mike Barnes won his match against John Osborne in the Men's Handicap by an impressive margin but lost in two other very competitive matches.
Club president Rob Peppiatt won both of his finals, partnering Keith Davison to the Over 65s Men's Pairs before winning the Committee Singles.
A spokesman for the club said: "After a very busy year with hundreds of players using it, the green had been looked after and prepared perfectly by Keith Davison and played very true on all rinks.
"And all the helpers worked tirelessly to provide a mixed and varied buffet to suit everybody."
- 1 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 2 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 3 Inquest jury to hear 999 call made as child choked at Radlett nursery
- 4 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 5 Comment: Mixed emotions as building work begins
- 6 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 7 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 8 The Zombies postpone forthcoming Harpenden tour dates to 2023
- 9 Green light given for St Albans City to hit the transfer market but patience is key says Allinson
- 10 Obituary: Don Francis, former St Albans City and St Albans Sunday League star