Harpenden bowl over Ampthill Town
Division Four Harpenden III 103-10 (44.5) Ampthill Town II 80-10 (48.5) HARPENDEN III bowled superbly to claim a fine victory at St George s School on Saturday against Ampthill Town II in Division Four. Visitors Ampthill won the toss and put Harpenden in
Harpenden III 103-10 (44.5) Ampthill Town II 80-10 (48.5)
HARPENDEN III bowled superbly to claim a fine victory at St George's School on Saturday against Ampthill Town II in Division Four.
Visitors Ampthill won the toss and put Harpenden in to bat. The decision was vindicated early on with Harps falling to 37-3 before Jake Pankhurst (24) and Simon Caunce (28) came together for a 43-run partnership which proved ultimately decisive. No other Harpenden batsman reached double figures and they were dismissed for just 103 off 44.5 overs.
You may also want to watch:
In reply, Ampthill were reduced to 0-1 when Neil Mackey struck and Harpenden continued to scatter wickets regularly throughout the innings. Only Andy Passman (12) and Nathan Howson (14) managed double figures as Town were bowled out for just 80 off 48.5 overs. The inspirational Pankhurst picked up 4-18 off nine overs, including four of the top five batsmen. Neil Mackey finished with 3-18 and Richard Darwin and Mike Cooper each picked up one wicket.
Harpenden IV had their Division Seven match at Northwood Town II cancelled on Saturday.
- 1 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 2 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 3 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 History comes to life at Celtic Harmony in Hertfordshire
- 6 Lost Morecambe & Wise episode to be screened on TV for first time in 50 years
- 7 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 8 Property Secrets: St Albans Green councillor Simon Grover
- 9 St Albans violent crime: Recreational drug users 'feeding' County Lines
- 10 Youngsters star in Watford win much to delight of St Albans City boss Ian Allinson
Harpenden V lost the toss and were inserted by Baldock III at Rothamsted Park in Division 13 on Saturday.
Opener Michael Brooks hit 49 for Harpenden and number four Edward Peck contributed 55 not out. Emmanuel Day added 27 as Harpenden posted 185-9 off 41 overs.
In reply, Baldock collapsed to 49 all out as Harpenden took the win with ease. David Fraser took 3-9 off five overs and Rogers, Peck, Neal, Downes and Dearman all took wickets in a fine team display.