Harpenden bowl over Ampthill Town
Division Four Harpenden III 103-10 (44.5) Ampthill Town II 80-10 (48.5) HARPENDEN III bowled superbly to claim a fine victory at St George s School on Saturday against Ampthill Town II in Division Four. Visitors Ampthill won the toss and put Harpenden in
Harpenden III 103-10 (44.5) Ampthill Town II 80-10 (48.5)
HARPENDEN III bowled superbly to claim a fine victory at St George's School on Saturday against Ampthill Town II in Division Four.
Visitors Ampthill won the toss and put Harpenden in to bat. The decision was vindicated early on with Harps falling to 37-3 before Jake Pankhurst (24) and Simon Caunce (28) came together for a 43-run partnership which proved ultimately decisive. No other Harpenden batsman reached double figures and they were dismissed for just 103 off 44.5 overs.
In reply, Ampthill were reduced to 0-1 when Neil Mackey struck and Harpenden continued to scatter wickets regularly throughout the innings. Only Andy Passman (12) and Nathan Howson (14) managed double figures as Town were bowled out for just 80 off 48.5 overs. The inspirational Pankhurst picked up 4-18 off nine overs, including four of the top five batsmen. Neil Mackey finished with 3-18 and Richard Darwin and Mike Cooper each picked up one wicket.
Harpenden IV had their Division Seven match at Northwood Town II cancelled on Saturday.
- 1 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 2 Police probe into death of man in 20s at 'Kinky Towers' in Hertfordshire
- 3 Peregrine falcon chick hatches at St Albans Cathedral in a city first
- 4 The Crossrail connections to Hertfordshire which were never built
- 5 Success for Harpenden actor after National Youth Theatre audition
- 6 Jubilee garden opened at Harpenden primary school
- 7 School's generous donation to foodbank
- 8 Recap: Rail delays through St Albans and Harpenden after train hits branch
- 9 Return of Harpenden Carnival promises fun for all the family
- 10 St Albans garden centre dedicates fundraising year to Brain Tumour Research
Harpenden V lost the toss and were inserted by Baldock III at Rothamsted Park in Division 13 on Saturday.
Opener Michael Brooks hit 49 for Harpenden and number four Edward Peck contributed 55 not out. Emmanuel Day added 27 as Harpenden posted 185-9 off 41 overs.
In reply, Baldock collapsed to 49 all out as Harpenden took the win with ease. David Fraser took 3-9 off five overs and Rogers, Peck, Neal, Downes and Dearman all took wickets in a fine team display.