Home is where the Harp is: Harpenden beat Felixstowe in another Woollams win
- Credit: Archant
Harpenden Hockey Club again made full use of home comforts as they made it two from two at Woollams.
After opening the new East League Division Two South season with a 4-3 win over Wapping, Harps had lost on their first away trip with a 6-3 reverse to Blueharts.
However, second-half goals from Ali Arnsby and Todd Baines were enough to make sure Felixstowe left with nothing after a 2-0 win.
Even though the second goal only came in the final stages of the contest, Harpenden were comfortably the better team throughout.
The hosts could have scored plenty in the first half but a combination of last-ditch tackles, wayward finishing and excellent saves kept it locked at 0-0.
After the break though Arnsby slammed home a rebound after a Reece Baker-Kiff penalty corner had been saved and Baines was in the right place to deflect an Adam Cole cross over the keeper.
Next up is another home game against early pacesetters Brentwood on Saturday.
- 1 7 places where you can tuck into a carvery in Hertfordshire
- 2 FULL RESULTS: Lib Dem landslide in St Albans council elections
- 3 Train timetable shakeup due in St Albans and Watford from May 15
- 4 Harpenden neighbours condemn plans for builders merchant next to residential properties
- 5 Medals, fast times and great performances for St Albans swimmers at championships
- 6 Revealed: Most popular Deliveroo takeaway dishes in St Albans
- 7 Woman found in canal near M25 in Hertfordshire
- 8 Police ‘concerned’ as 25-year-old goes missing from Stevenage
- 9 Nearly 100 motorway cameras upgraded to catch drivers who flout red X rules
- 10 Tomorrow's lunar eclipse: How and when to see it
The club are always on the lookout out for new members, whether they are men or women, young or old or first-team standard or enthusiastic club players.
For anyone interested, more information can be found at https://www.harpendenhockeyclub.co.uk/