Home is where the Harp is: Harpenden beat Felixstowe in another Woollams win
- Credit: Archant
Harpenden Hockey Club again made full use of home comforts as they made it two from two at Woollams.
After opening the new East League Division Two South season with a 4-3 win over Wapping, Harps had lost on their first away trip with a 6-3 reverse to Blueharts.
However, second-half goals from Ali Arnsby and Todd Baines were enough to make sure Felixstowe left with nothing after a 2-0 win.
Even though the second goal only came in the final stages of the contest, Harpenden were comfortably the better team throughout.
The hosts could have scored plenty in the first half but a combination of last-ditch tackles, wayward finishing and excellent saves kept it locked at 0-0.
You may also want to watch:
After the break though Arnsby slammed home a rebound after a Reece Baker-Kiff penalty corner had been saved and Baines was in the right place to deflect an Adam Cole cross over the keeper.
Next up is another home game against early pacesetters Brentwood on Saturday.
- 1 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 2 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 3 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 4 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 5 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 6 Freedom Day delay is a financial blow to local businesses
- 7 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 8 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 9 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 10 Quarantine hotel set up in St Albans
The club are always on the lookout out for new members, whether they are men or women, young or old or first-team standard or enthusiastic club players.
For anyone interested, more information can be found at https://www.harpendenhockeyclub.co.uk/