Harpenden battle their way back to draw in fiery clash at Hertford
- Credit: Archant
A superb comeback earned Harpenden a 2-2 draw at the end of a fiery game at Hertford.
The hosts had lost just one game so far this season in East League Division Two South and lay second at pushback.
And in a game where there was little love lost and a smattering of cards to both sides, Hertford found themselves 2-0 up with 15 minutes to play, both goals coming from deflected short corners.
However, there is plenty of character in this Harpenden side and a big effort saw them draw level.
The first goal came from Dan Burgess, who reacted quickest to a saved Reece Baker-Kiff penalty corner drag flick and hit a spectacular overhead smash.
You may also want to watch:
And the second came from another penalty corner, with Baker-Kiff having more luck with this drag flick.
It leaves Harpenden in fifth place with a home game against bottom club Witham on Saturday.
- 1 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 2 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 3 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 4 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 5 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 6 Bee inspired by new display at St Albans restaurant
- 7 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 8 Harpenden's Olympic hero watches daughter win gold
- 9 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 10 The latest court results for the St Albans area