Harpenden battle their way back to draw in fiery clash at Hertford
- Credit: Archant
A superb comeback earned Harpenden a 2-2 draw at the end of a fiery game at Hertford.
The hosts had lost just one game so far this season in East League Division Two South and lay second at pushback.
And in a game where there was little love lost and a smattering of cards to both sides, Hertford found themselves 2-0 up with 15 minutes to play, both goals coming from deflected short corners.
However, there is plenty of character in this Harpenden side and a big effort saw them draw level.
The first goal came from Dan Burgess, who reacted quickest to a saved Reece Baker-Kiff penalty corner drag flick and hit a spectacular overhead smash.
You may also want to watch:
And the second came from another penalty corner, with Baker-Kiff having more luck with this drag flick.
It leaves Harpenden in fifth place with a home game against bottom club Witham on Saturday.
- 1 Can you help after man left unconscious outside St Albans pub?
- 2 Birthday charity walks in brother's memory
- 3 Lease up for grabs on vacant Batchwood Hall building
- 4 Driver hospitalised after three-vehicle accident on M1 near Redbourn
- 5 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 6 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 7 Light at the end of the gulley for long-running flooding
- 8 Market trader says goodbye to beard after 15 years
- 9 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 10 Shaun Jeffers and St Albans City a match made in Hertfordshire