Harpenden banish away-day blues with solid win at Felixstowe
- Credit: Archant
Harpenden Hockey Club continued their unbeaten run in 2019 with a 2-0 victory at Felixstowe.
It was the fourth win from their fifth game since the turn of the New Year, the other result a draw with Wapping, but remarkably it was their first success on the road.
It came courtesy of Dan Burgess and Harry Kneale efforts after the break in what was a hard-fought match against a Suffolk side that were certainly no pushovers.
It also came with a number of key players out, including Tom Bunbury in defence and leading scorer Reece Baker-Kiff, a situation that forced coach David Thomas to name himself among the substitutes.
That didn’t help Harpenden’s flow and they were indebted to goalkeeper and man of the match Andy King for still being level at half-time.
You may also want to watch:
The second-half was better though and the win moves them up to fifth in the league with promotion still not out of reach by any stretch.
They go to league-leaders Bishop’s Stortford on March 2.
- 1 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 2 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 3 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 4 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
- 5 Boy, 14, mugged in Harpenden park
- 6 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 7 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 8 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 9 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 10 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead