Harpenden Arrows tackle Milton Keynes marathon heat
- Credit: Archant
Over 20 members of Harpenden Arrows battled against the heat at the Milton Keynes marathon weekend.
Leading the Arrows contingent home in the marathon distance was Ammon Piepgrass in a time of three hours 12 minutes 58 seconds.
The others to finish were Adrian Cloak (3:31), Justin Busby (3:34), Jim Robinson (3:48), Chitra Dunn (3:57) Lyndon Hearn (4:21) and James Blackburn (4:28).
In the half marathon, Stephen Chaston was the first Arrow back in (1:41) followed by Tracy Carr (2:03) and Pamela Morgan (2:06).
Commenting on the race, relay team member Natalie Edwards said: “It was an impossible day for running really and yet so many of us were crazy enough to do it.”
You may also want to watch:
The hot conditions mirrored those at London two weeks ago and several made the sensible decision not to continue before potentially getting into trouble on the course.
- 1 Driver dies in London Colney crash
- 2 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 3 St Albans indies pick up six awards in regional competition
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 Woman arrested after wielding broken bottle in St Albans fight
- 6 Man 'tasered' outside Alban Arena after brawl, claim eyewitnesses
- 7 Record-breaking run for St Albans' Lizzie Bird in Olympic final
- 8 National Trust set to open at the Abbey Theatre in St Albans
- 9 St Albans South Signal Box reopens to the public
- 10 Which St Albans nursery has been voted best in the East of England?