Harpenden Arrows tackle Milton Keynes marathon heat
- Credit: Archant
Over 20 members of Harpenden Arrows battled against the heat at the Milton Keynes marathon weekend.
Leading the Arrows contingent home in the marathon distance was Ammon Piepgrass in a time of three hours 12 minutes 58 seconds.
The others to finish were Adrian Cloak (3:31), Justin Busby (3:34), Jim Robinson (3:48), Chitra Dunn (3:57) Lyndon Hearn (4:21) and James Blackburn (4:28).
In the half marathon, Stephen Chaston was the first Arrow back in (1:41) followed by Tracy Carr (2:03) and Pamela Morgan (2:06).
Commenting on the race, relay team member Natalie Edwards said: “It was an impossible day for running really and yet so many of us were crazy enough to do it.”
The hot conditions mirrored those at London two weeks ago and several made the sensible decision not to continue before potentially getting into trouble on the course.
- 1 St Albans gang members jailed for running cannabis factory network
- 2 Where and when can you see Santa's float in St Albans?
- 3 Man wanted for criminal damage at The Horn pub
- 4 Area Guide: The popular Camp area of St Albans
- 5 Restaurant review: Christmas at The Ivy in St Albans
- 6 Enjoy Christmas carols with ukuleles and a brass band in St Albans park
- 7 Omicron variant: Confirmed case in Hertfordshire says health boss Jim McManus
- 8 Met police officer pleads not guilty to 20 charges including seven rapes
- 9 St Albans city centre road closures reduce spaces for Blue Badge holders
- 10 Hit and run on deadly Redbourn Road