Medal haul for Harpenden Arrows at the Hertfordshire Masters Cross-country Championships
- Credit: Archant
So strong was the showing from Harpenden Arrows at the Herts Masters Cross-country Championship that it brought the running club a hefty collection of medals.
Held at Stanborough Park in Welwyn Garden City, the St George’s School-based Arrows fielded a full ladies team in both age categories.
Lisa Munt, Louise Crosby and Julie Horrocks came away with a team gold in the women’s over 55 group with Munt claiming an individual silver.
Isabel Green, Anita White, Pamela Morgan and Louisa Thompson also took silver in the 35-plus race.
For the men Steve Bowran grabbed himself an individual silver in the M50 group, a result which along with Steve Green, Mike Ashton and Roger Montgomery placed the team fourth.
You may also want to watch:
Club chairman Graham Harper, who described the event as “a great day out for the Arrows”, Martin Petersen and Chitra Dunn ran in as M60s while Ammon Piepgrass also competed as an individual in the over 40 category.
- 1 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 2 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 3 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 4 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 5 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 6 Freedom Day delay is a financial blow to local businesses
- 7 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 8 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 9 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 10 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square