Personal bests for Harpenden Arrows as strong squad tackle the St Albans Half Marathon
- Credit: Archant
Harpenden Arrows took advantage of the travelling distance being less than the race route by sending a strong team to the St Albans Half Marathon.
In total there were 25 from the club taking part and despite the warm conditions and a hilly course, there were a few personal best performances for the distance.
Among them were Nigel Douglas, who finished in one hour 32 minutes 16 seconds, Emma Hobbs (1:39:13) and Peter Thornton (1:46:46).
Thornton said: “This was a PB of almost 4 minutes for me versus my best training run. I’m very pleased with that.”
Douglas modestly referred to his great performance as “a wee PB for me today” while Hobbs took two minutes off her previous fastest half marathon.
You may also want to watch:
The first Arrow across the line was Ammon Piepgrass, who finished 26th in 1:23:43, ahead of Andy Jordan who was third in the male veteran over 50 category.
Harpenden Arrows meet in the Sports Hall at St George’s School at 7:30pm on Tuesday and Thursday.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 5 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 10 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall