Personal bests for Harpenden Arrows as strong squad tackle the St Albans Half Marathon
- Credit: Archant
Harpenden Arrows took advantage of the travelling distance being less than the race route by sending a strong team to the St Albans Half Marathon.
In total there were 25 from the club taking part and despite the warm conditions and a hilly course, there were a few personal best performances for the distance.
Among them were Nigel Douglas, who finished in one hour 32 minutes 16 seconds, Emma Hobbs (1:39:13) and Peter Thornton (1:46:46).
Thornton said: “This was a PB of almost 4 minutes for me versus my best training run. I’m very pleased with that.”
Douglas modestly referred to his great performance as “a wee PB for me today” while Hobbs took two minutes off her previous fastest half marathon.
The first Arrow across the line was Ammon Piepgrass, who finished 26th in 1:23:43, ahead of Andy Jordan who was third in the male veteran over 50 category.
Harpenden Arrows meet in the Sports Hall at St George’s School at 7:30pm on Tuesday and Thursday.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 2 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 3 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 4 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 5 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 6 Careers advice for St Albans children in centuries gone by
- 7 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 8 St Albans hockey player still going strong at 80
- 9 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
- 10 Area Guide: The busy Hertfordshire town of Hemel Hempstead