Personal bests for Harpenden Arrows as strong squad tackle the St Albans Half Marathon
- Credit: Archant
Harpenden Arrows took advantage of the travelling distance being less than the race route by sending a strong team to the St Albans Half Marathon.
In total there were 25 from the club taking part and despite the warm conditions and a hilly course, there were a few personal best performances for the distance.
Among them were Nigel Douglas, who finished in one hour 32 minutes 16 seconds, Emma Hobbs (1:39:13) and Peter Thornton (1:46:46).
Thornton said: “This was a PB of almost 4 minutes for me versus my best training run. I’m very pleased with that.”
Douglas modestly referred to his great performance as “a wee PB for me today” while Hobbs took two minutes off her previous fastest half marathon.
You may also want to watch:
The first Arrow across the line was Ammon Piepgrass, who finished 26th in 1:23:43, ahead of Andy Jordan who was third in the male veteran over 50 category.
Harpenden Arrows meet in the Sports Hall at St George’s School at 7:30pm on Tuesday and Thursday.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 5 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 6 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 7 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 8 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 9 St Albans City over bad start says Chris Winton as improved results and performances continue against Havant
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images