Hard work starting to pay off for Verulam ReallyMoving.com cycling team
- Credit: Archant
The newly-formed racing team out of Verulam Cycling Club are already starting to see the fruits of their hard work.
Verulam ReallyMoving.com had a number of teams out and about at the weekend and they came back with some impressive results.
Paul McGrath picked up second place at the Loveli Cinelli Road Race in Leighton Buzzard on Sunday after getting into race-winning break.
Unfortunately he was teamed with two riders Sigma Sport riders who used their numerical advantage to clinch the win.
Behind Luke Houghton led the bunch sprint for fourth thanks to great work from his lead-out man Gavin Bench.
You may also want to watch:
And also on Sunday, Jared Millar was second in the GS Vecchi Road Race, organised by the League of Veteran Racing Cyclists (LVRC) near Basingstoke.
In the D race there was a fourth place for Nick Coe with Martin Plumb on place further back.
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 3 In Pictures: Harpenden Farmers' Market back on the Common
- 4 Do you remember when The Inbetweeners came to St Albans?
- 5 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 6 Urgent care services at St Albans hospital could become appointment only
- 7 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 8 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 9 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 10 Property Spotlight: A spacious family home in Harpenden's prestigious West Common